NO notifications

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
So I'm rocking a Lumia 640 and for the past week or so I've stopped getting audible notifications. No notifications for text messages, reddit (baconit and read it), kik messenger, fb messenger, and outlook.

I have no idea what's going on or why this is happening. Icons appear and change number-count on the glance screen and the action center, but the screen never comes on, and no sound plays.

Ideas?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the same, even phone calls wouldn't make a peep. Lumia 1520 on w10m preview. For me a forced reboot (hold power and volume down until bzzzt) fixed it. Or at least live tile notifications show again, I have yet to hear a sound. Will report back if it's truly fixed.

Edit: yep, it's making sound again as well.

Last edited:

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the same, even phone calls wouldn't make a peep. Lumia 1520 on w10m preview. For me a forced reboot (hold power and volume down until bzzzt) fixed it. Or at least live tile notifications show again, I have yet to hear a sound. Will report back if it's truly fixed.

Edit: yep, it's making sound again as well.

No dice.... :/

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Settings -> Notifications & Actions -> "Show notifications on the lock screen"

Somehow got turned off. I have no idea, how and I feel like the biggest ***** for not noticing.

Does it get turned off if you add a PIN to your phone? That's the only change I recently made that I can think of.... Or Apps Corner. I turned that on too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes