Why can't i move my icons freely?

kernelyo

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I'd like to set my Windows 10 Mobile desktop to look like this (i.imgur.com/oAsr4j7.jpg), but whenever i try to move the icon it just moves back. I thought adding more icons then moving those that i want to be there then deleting the unnecessary ones would work, but the desktop just collapses. What do i do? Thx

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need an app that can creates blank tiles.

Yup, check out those start screen customization apps like Start Perfect.

Is laggy? Only releases updates for a minority of phone models? Drains battery crazy fast? Has app crashes?

Laggy? No. Maybe if the UX was bloated like Samsung you can get stutters even on top-end hardware or there's less-than-decent hardware in it.

Updates? It ranges from almost none from BLU to the Nexus phones which are quite good update wise.
Also there are custom ROMs depending on the phone so that goes beyond official support.

Battery? Like Windows Phone it depends on the model. It probably isn't as good by default but they can often have larger batteries. There's many battery saving tweaks and mods you can do as well. (e.g. Greenify)

App crashes? I use unofficial CyanogenMod 13 and there's maybe one minor crash a day or two. (for some reason Clock doesn't like me and "stops" maybe once a day - still figuring out if there's a pattern to it.)

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Yup, check out those start screen customization apps like Start Perfect.

Laggy? No. Maybe if the UX was bloated like Samsung you can get stutters even on top-end hardware or there's less-than-decent hardware in it.

Updates? It ranges from almost none from BLU to the Nexus phones which are quite good update wise.
Also there are custom ROMs depending on the phone so that goes beyond official support.

Battery? Like Windows Phone it depends on the model. It probably isn't as good by default but they can often have larger batteries. There's many battery saving tweaks and mods you can do as well. (e.g. Greenify)

App crashes? I use unofficial CyanogenMod 13 and there's maybe one minor crash a day or two. (for some reason Clock doesn't like me and "stops" maybe once a day - still figuring out if there's a pattern to it.)

So you're telling me I need to mod my android phone and flash a custom rom for it to run the OS decently hahahaha. The stuff lags, I can walk into any phone store and find lag just by swiping page to page, literally just did this on a V10 a week ago. The update situation is trash and to argue against that is very fanboyish. Android by far in my experience is the worst OS for reliability. I own a device with iOS android and Windows 10 mobile and I'm in no way biased. iOS is the most reliable in every way in my experience. Throw iOS apps into Windows 10 mobile and I'd be in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So you're telling me I need to mod my android phone and flash a custom rom for it to run the OS decently hahahaha. The stuff lags, I can walk into any phone store and find lag just by swiping page to page, literally just did this on a V10 a week ago. The update situation is trash and to argue against that is very fanboyish. Android by far in my experience is the worst OS for reliability. I own a device with iOS android and Windows 10 mobile and I'm in no way biased. iOS is the most reliable in every way in my experience. Throw iOS apps into Windows 10 mobile and I'd be in heaven.
I'm running stock Android Marshmallow on my Moto X Pure Edition, and it is not at all laggy.

Are you sure? From the threads on this forum and elsewhere the picture of W10 isn't pretty.
Everyone will have different experiences, based upon the device they have and the apps they use. Not all people have bad experiences. Many might have great experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon