Texting from Cortana on PC via Windows 10 Mobile?

jdeangoldstein

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Would like to know how you get texting to work from a Windows 10 PC to Windows 10 mobile device. Tried it multiple times on my Lumia 950XL but the message was never sent. Cortana on my PC found the contact's mobile number and said the message was sent using my phone. Both devices are connected to the same MSFT account and both had WiFi/data. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Is your PC on the insider program as well? I think the last two updates have had the ability to allow Cortana to do this, and for your missed calls to be displayed on your PC's Action Center. The last public release of Windows 10 for PC does not yet have this capability.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is your PC on the insider program as well? I think the last two updates have had the ability to allow Cortana to do this, and for your missed calls to be displayed on your PC's Action Center. The last public release of Windows 10 for PC does not yet have this capability.

I'm pretty sure the current 10 public release can do it as i can do text message sending with both my Android and W10M phones with Cortana.

I don't use Insider on my PC.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Public version definitely can. I missed a cell call and to my shock I got a mesage on my Surface. I replied back and my 950xl successfully sent a txt. And Cortana on my Surface and 950xl informed me txt was sent. And I confirmed with recipient that the txt successfully sent. I was blown away as I had not knowledge of this feature and love it.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Public version definitely can. I missed a cell call and to my shock I got a mesage on my Surface. I replied back and my 950xl successfully sent a txt. And Cortana on my Surface and 950xl informed me txt was sent. And I confirmed with recipient that the txt successfully sent. I was blown away as I had not knowledge of this feature and love it.
I can confirm this cause I've done the same thing. I also believe you can direct text to someone from Cortana on SP or SB via the messaging app. I've tried this and I think it would have worked but I had reset my phone to 8.1 at the time. Since I'm still on I haven't tried since.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just sent a text using Cortana on a SP3 that has never been on the insider using my 1520 on 10586.63.

No problems.

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Open Cortana in your phone and the try to send it. For some reason, it works like that, you have to open Cortana in background...

Anyway, does Cortana text work on android?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
She wasn't open on my phone, just on the PC when sending, hang on I will test it again with no programs in memory on phone....................

No problems and with luck my boy will now walk through and make me that cup of tea I just asked for.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd have a go at it. Sent a text via Cortana on my desktop HP. Confirmation that text was sent was given by Cortana on my 830 WM10. My friend replied she received the text. Reply from her was received on the phone.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
And hopefully in a few months the sending and replies of SMS will be in the messaging app on the PC just like they mix with Skype stuff on the phone. That's when it will start to make a lot more sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes