Vector Luna & notifications in Windows 10 Mobile, how do I get rid of it?

Sidewinder2000

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Vector Luna & notifications in Windows 10 Mobile

Hi everyone

I read the article "Quick look: Vector Smartwatch and the Lumia 950" with increasing enthusiasm. Finally a Smartwatch for my Lumia 950XL.

The watch arrived today and I installed, paired and configured anything according the manual. However, the notifications don't work. Everytime I go to the related setting in the Vector-app, a message pops up: "Please enable notifications for VectorWatch from the Phone Settings -> Accessory App."

Which I did, of course. The notification for VectorWatch is enabled. But no matter what I do (disabling and re-enabling, rebooting, hard reset), the message remains and no notifications are sent to the watch (curiously except mails from my primary mail-account).

But Daniel Rubino proved in his video, that its working on a Lumia 950...

Does anyone has an advise?

Sidewinder2000

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Vector Luna & notifications in Windows 10 Mobile, how do I get rid of it?

Solution found, but with great great frustration. As the video shows, it's working in general so I assumed the error is caused by my device. So I installed it from scratch with Windows Device Recovery Tool. Installed the app VectorWatch. And: wow, it worked. Reinstalled it again, but this time with restoring my phone backup. And the error's here again. Conclusion: my backup is damaged. So installed the entire phone again from scratch, spending hours of manually installing apps, fine tuning settings etc. And suddenly: the error's back :crying:

Somewhere in the manual was a hint that made me thinking. The solution is quite simple: go to "Settings" > "Background apps", disable and re-enable "VectorWatch" and that's it. The notifications are available again.

Manmikey

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Vector Luna & notifications in Windows 10 Mobile

That's a lot of effort you went through! I'm glad you got it sorted in the end

What are your views on the watch?I believe it's the only "smart watch" (rather then fitness bands with notifications) with first party windows mobile support so it would be interesting to see how it works for you in the real world?

Galos Marius1

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Vector Luna & notifications in Windows 10 Mobile, how do I get rid of it?

Solution found, but with great great frustration. As the video shows, it's working in general so I assumed the error is caused by my device. So I installed it from scratch with Windows Device Recovery Tool. Installed the app VectorWatch. And: wow, it worked. Reinstalled it again, but this time with restoring my phone backup. And the error's here again. Conclusion: my backup is damaged. So installed the entire phone again from scratch, spending hours of manually installing apps, fine tuning settings etc. And suddenly: the error's back :crying:

Somewhere in the manual was a hint that made me thinking. The solution is quite simple: go to "Settings" > "Background apps", disable and re-enable "VectorWatch" and that's it. The notifications are available again.

I did that and still get the same error

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon