Update advisor: We are working with your mobile operator.

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
And you believe them.... They get these builds from Microsoft to test prior to the insiders. Have your ever heard of RTM? Manufactures and carriers get these to test on the devices to ensure there's no issues with the builds.

Posted via Windows Central app for Windows 10!
Proudly rocking my Lumia 1520!

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Why wait, insider preview has worked wonderful for me and my phones without being punted down by carriers not releasing updates. Also why are carries offerings buy one ugly Galaxy S7
and get another one free instead of the Lumia 950 or Alcatel fierce XL, etc. If they really drafted to increase interest in anything other than the iPhone or Galaxies then they would. This in itself should show you where there interests are.

Bharath Patel

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Well I have installed upgrade advisor for xolo win q1000 after that it says good news this device is eligible for windows 10 but iam not getting update both preview and advisors so when I get notification.

Bharath Patel

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Blu 510u and xolo win q1000 firmware are same or different.when iam connecting device recovery tools on that blu 510u connecting my device.so can I upgrade win10 fm throughout that.

Bharath Patel

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Iam requesting Microsoft plz add more device and OEM globel device partner to get upgrade as possible most of people disappointed for not getting update.

len0808

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Why wait, insider preview has worked wonderful for me and my phones without being punted down by carriers not releasing updates. Also why are carries offerings buy one ugly Galaxy S7
and get another one free instead of the Lumia 950 or Alcatel fierce XL, etc. If they really drafted to increase interest in anything other than the iPhone or Galaxies then they would. This in itself should show you where there interests are.

ugly s7? the s7's got great reviews, great camera and looks great. too bad the don't have s7 with windows 10. you must have the stockholm syndrome, being a captor of ms for years.

tj_moore

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Once again to people still saying it's the operator delaying it, many of us have factory fresh unbranded, unlocked SIM free devices from Microsoft and the operator has absolutely nothing to do with the software or even firmware for our devices. We didn't buy them from the operator, we bought direct or via third party suppliers providing unbranded official retail mobiles.

I realise the situation is a bit different here in Europe compared to some regions where you mainly only see operator branded phones. We've realised subsidised phones aren't such good value and are a lock in, so there's a lot of unbranded retail phones about at reasonable prices.

Anyway, add me to the list. UK supplied 640, RM-1072_1033. All I get is the message saying working with the operator. There's nothing to work with, it's non operator phone, no operator involved. Just release the standard software!

(ps I suspect the issue may be related to the former Nokia Mobile team if they are using them for software distribution, as having worked with Nokia I know how illogical the release schedule is and individual variants of the same phone, even unbranded can go months not seeing the release pushed).

As for the Insider Preview slow ring option, will that give us something newer than the public released version? While that's in theory better, I don't want this phone on a preview version full of even more bugs than the public. Setting it to production, does that roll it back to public version?

solidus1983

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
@tj_moore i get the same error on mine. I went back to insider mode.

Slow Ring or even Production ring will give you the Update to 10586.107 and then another update to 10586.164 no issues however did you people with the Lumia 640 RM1072 059x133 CV GBIE get a firmware update. As thats the only update i have had before going back into the insiders and the Upgrade Adviser was still giving the same error after. Even WDRT images haven't been updated. I have even gone as far as tweeting Lumia help (Not much help) and Gabe Aul to see if they can sort the issue quickly however i very much doubt that anything will be done.

So for now if i have a Windows Insider build issue which requires doing a WDRT reinstall it means i have to go Windows 8.1 Mobile, roll into the insiders fast ring, Download Windows 10 Mobile via OTA that way to then download another Windows 10 Redstone OTA which is a right ball ache.

I have placed the Windows 10 Mobile OTA for CV phones on the Feedback app as well which is under the title "Lumia Unbranded Phones Windows 10 Mobile OTA" Upvote the hell out of it please. You'll need to use the Feedback app on mobile though to get to it as i just tried finding it on the desktop version which doesn't find it.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have an unbranded Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM (RM-1075_1009) with Mobile Operator 000-22 running OS 8.10.15148.160 and Firmware Denim 02177.00000.15184.36002. I got the following message from Upgrade Advisor, but I did not upgrade because it is my daily driver!

wp_ss_20160317_0005.pngwp_ss_20160317_0006.png

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
My situation is similar - my 730 was upgraded 4 days ago with no issues, but my friends 730 (BOTH UNLOCKED WITH NO TIES TO CARRIERS, thought I should capitalise it in case someone tries to tell me it's the carriers' fault) says it's working with her mobile operator (Btw, we are also have the same mobile operator) and we're trying to figure out why I got it and she didn't...

Dragon Vo

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
be patient,Microsoft has not released the Windows 10 update for the Lumia 640 yet. Once it is released and approved by AT&T, you will receive a notification that the update is ready for your device and to proceed with the update over the air.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
be patient,Microsoft has not released the Windows 10 update for the Lumia 640 yet. Once it is released and approved by AT&T, you will receive a notification that the update is ready for your device and to proceed with the update over the air.

Win10 WAS released to 640 too. That's some carrier guilt, first AT&T and T-Mobile, they are delayin final radio firmware release included in o.s.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site

Win10 WAS released to 640 too. That's some carrier guilt, first AT&T and T-Mobile, they are delayin final radio firmware release included in o.s.

So when is that supposed to happen then? And why couldn't they have resolved the issue with the radio firmware over the many months that everyone was waiting for the final release of Windows 10 Mobile?

This is starting to p!ss me off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon