Alerts while phone is unlocked?

vtm

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Alerts while phone is unlocked

Hi Everyone,

I'm experiencing one of the most annoying things ever on my 1520, it is probably standard behavior, but it's killing me.

All i want is i want banner/popup notifications to work without sound when I receive messages in my messaging app (SMS/skype). What super annoying is when I'm in the messaging app and sms comes through the phone generates sound alert and I'm right there in the thread looking at the screen already. Why would it generate an alert when the app is already open on the screen. I still want the banner and glance to have a message counter, but I can't get it to be silent without completely turning off the notifications for messages. Makes me want to pull my hair that I dont have! :angry:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Alerts while phone is unlocked

Hi Everyone,

I'm experiencing one of the most annoying things ever on my 1520, it is probably standard behavior, but it's killing me.

All i want is i want banner/popup notifications to work without sound when I receive messages in my messaging app (SMS/skype). What super annoying is when I'm in the messaging app and sms comes through the phone generates sound alert and I'm right there in the thread looking at the screen already. Why would it generate an alert when the app is already open on the screen. I still want the banner and glance to have a message counter, but I can't get it to be silent without completely turning off the notifications for messages. Makes me want to pull my hair that I dont have! :angry:

Did you tryed setting "Keep private in lock screen" ?

vtm

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I haven't, but how will that help, all that does is keep the actually message from notification drop down. I'm getting a sound when I'm actually in the messages app and exchanging messages.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I haven't, but how will that help, all that does is keep the actually message from notification drop down. I'm getting a sound when I'm actually in the messages app and exchanging messages.

Try first, then tell me

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Did you try this?

Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Show notifications from these apps > Messaging > Notification sound : X None

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac