Why aren't the 'a', 'y', 'w' and 'm' keys working in Edge?

fdd

May 2, 2016
Visit site
'a', 'y', 'w' and 'm' keys not working in Edge

I'm on Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.14332.1001 on my Lumia 930 but had this issue for the last couple of weeks with previous builds as well...
When I try to type in a URL in Edge then pressing the 'a', 'y', 'w' and 'm' doesn't do anything. All other keys seem to work. I can bring up umlauts as well to type e.g. '?' without issues, but the plain 'a' doesn't work. Switching keyboard layouts (e.g. German to English) doesn't seem to help as the position of the 'y' is different then but pressing it still doesn't work ('z' works though in both cases).
In other apps (e.g. Cortana, Messenger, form input fields in Edge etc.) don't have this issue. So my workaround for now is to type the URL into Cortana and browse that way, but it's pretty annoying.
Does anybody else have this issue or any idea what the cause might be?
Cheers, Frederik

fdd

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: 'a', 'y', 'w' and 'm' keys not working in Edge

Uppercase works, but only if I don't have "capslock" on. When I just hit the uppercase button and press 'A' then it types it fine, but when I double click the uppercase button for capslock then it again doesn't do anything for these characters (but works for the rest). It's really bizarre.

SFabio

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site

Ok Fred, so this is any issue which they are trying to fix with this build, so give it some time, it happens only on Edge as they have mentioned.

fdd

May 2, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the quick response, but I don't quite understand. Are you saying that this is a known issue? Is there an existing bug report for it somewhere where I can vote for it? Do you know when they are planning to fix it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes