W10M HELP issue where the start screen and the background won't change when I set to other pictures?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

W10M HELP issue where the start screen and the background wont change when i set to other pictures.

W10M HELP issue where the start screen and the background wont change when i set to other pictures.

Upgraded from W8.1M about 3 weeks ago and it wont let me set pictures as the background or the start menu. I have a lumina 930 worked fine in 8.1.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M HELP issue where the start screen and the background wont change when i set to other pictur

Mmm...not come across this one before. It's always worked for me. I guess you are selecting the image ( tick in top corner ), but does is then go to cropping? Are you selecting how you want the picture used. It asks if you want a tile image, similar to 8.1, or full screen? It might be worth double checking.

Are you having any other issues? If you are having multiple issues, it may be worth a hard reset, especially as you came from 8.1. MSFT say you shouldn't have to, but if you join the forum, you will see this is not always the case.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: W10M HELP issue where the start screen and the background wont change when i set to other pictur

Originally posted by Mad Cabbie
Mmm...not come across this one before. It's always worked for me. I guess you are selecting the image ( tick in top corner ), but does is then go to cropping? Are you selecting how you want the picture used. It asks if you want a tile image, similar to 8.1, or full screen? It might be worth double checking.

Are you having any other issues? If you are having multiple issues, it may be worth a hard reset, especially as you came from 8.1. MSFT say you shouldn't have to, but if you join the forum, you will see this is not always the case.

Just had a thought, are you making the tiles transparent?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99