Most apps requiring re-install after fast ring update

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My most recent fast ring update has created an issue where most of my apps are requiring me to delete them and then reinstall them.

The message I am getting when I click on the apps is, "XXX app can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store."

Of course no such thing exists so my only option is to get rid of the app, download it again, and then reinstall.

If that's my only option then that's what I'll do but I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this and been able to get around it.

Thanks!

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I encountered it and didn't find a solution other than to bite the bullet and reinstall the apps. That's life in the fast ring.

Sent from mTalk

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My most recent fast ring update has created an issue where most of my apps are requiring me to delete them and then reinstall them.

The message I am getting when I click on the apps is, "XXX app can't be opened. An app update may be available in the store."

Of course no such thing exists so my only option is to get rid of the app, download it again, and then reinstall.

If that's my only option then that's what I'll do but I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this and been able to get around it.

Thanks!

Post there, you'll find the Insider community

Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview - Windows Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon