Why can't I adjust the brightness levels ?

KLX007

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone ,
my Lumia 640XL LTE (Windows 10) is not opening the
adjust brightness setting.When I upgraded my phone to
Windows 10,at first it worked but after 1 -2 months it
became non-responsive, I mean I push it a hundred times
and it does nothing.
NOTE : The Windows 10 update was official, not from the insider programm.
Settings > Extras > Display (is doesn't even open).
The phone has no other problems ,but that one is really
annoying.
Please give me your advice, I don't want to reset it .
Thanks in advance :smile:

Last edited:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Did you hard reset your phone after upgrade process? Or else you could check for updates in store. How about long tapping brightness quick action tile in action center?

Last edited:

KLX007

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you hard reset your phone after upgrade process? Or else you could check for updates in store. How about long tapping brightness quick action tile in action center?

No I didn't hard reset it. It won't work whatever I do.The Low - Medium - High works ...but I want to change the levels for each one.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
No I didn't hard reset it. It won't work whatever I do.The Low - Medium - High works ...but I want to change the levels for each one.
You always need to clean install, because leftover config files creates confusion for OS, so as to which version to load up and process. IMO, hard reset via settings app. You'd lose all your apps and settings. After reset, start from fresh.

KLX007

May 25, 2016
Visit site
You always need to clean install, because leftover config files creates confusion for OS, so as to which version to load up and process. IMO, hard reset via settings app. You'd lose all your apps and settings. After reset, start from fresh.

So if I hard reset it ,you think it will be working fine ? Another question if I hard reset it will it go back to Windows 8 or it will remain at Windows 10? Thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So if I hard reset it ,you think it will be working fine ? Another question if I hard reset it will it go back to Windows 8 or it will remain at Windows 10? Thanks

An hard reset reinstalls last downloaded build. WDRT via pc instead reverts phone to fabric build

Last edited:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hard Reset by going to settings app > About > Reset Device click yes and you'll reverted to current w10m build w/o any apps and settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3