W10M Store Download Counter Not Accurate?

ZeMintCool

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Anybody experiencing a mismatch between the graphical download counter/progress and the numeric one? Or is that how it's supposed to be?! The graphical counter would show the download is almost done but the numerical indicates you still have a long way to reach the full download size of the app. I never know which to believe/rely on now. I get all the store updates as they happen.
L925(th2) & L1520(rs1), soon to be on 950XL.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody experiencing a mismatch between the graphical download counter/progress and the numeric one? Or is that how it's supposed to be?! The graphical counter would show the download is almost done but the numerical indicates you still have a long way to reach the full download size of the app. I never know which to believe/rely on now. I get all the store updates as they happen.
L925(th2) & L1520(rs1), soon to be on 950XL.

the progress bar shows both download progress and install progress while the data or size counter shows the size of the update that is being downloaded

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its kinda broken or maybe we dont understand its complexity but yes, that and the update progress thing I just learned to ignore them as long as the task gets done, they had a budget cut maybe lol

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
its kinda broken or maybe we dont understand its complexity but yes, that and the update progress thing I just learned to ignore them as long as the task gets done, they had a budget cut maybe lol

but it usually doesn't help when you have a limited data plan and you see 0.1MB of 0.1Mb then it shoots to 55mb of 110mb

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by EspHack

but it usually doesn't help when you have a limited data plan and you see 0.1MB of 0.1Mb then it shoots to 55mb of 110mb

well thats a valid point, dont know which one to hate more, ISPs or microsoft's laziness, mmm nvm ISPs gotta be, what I dont know if I can hate them even more at this point

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Why can't it be painless like Google Play Store? Everything from Microsoft feels a bit sluggish! They need to fix and Polish things NOW! 'Coming soon' is hitting them hard!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the progress bar is pretty broken, even for a progress bar ;-]

I've written a fair amount of setup code, and progress bars can be one of the trickiest things (particularly if you have odd-size "chunks" in your packages) to make work smoothly, or accurately, for that matter. I've spent days tweaking things before, because an automated control wasn't cutting it, for my data chunk sizes...

My Netflix update has been on 100% now for 45 minutes, hmm...
Edit: A pause/restart sequence fixed Netflix, although it went from zero again, so apparently the 100% wasn't cached, or something else went wrong.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My post was about Redstone, 14393.5.
My progress bar is definitely "off in the weeds" most of the time. It often gets to 100% or 99%, and will sit there for 5,10,30 minutes, unless I pause/restart, at which point it appears to do the full download, again, sometimes finalizing, sometimes I have to restart, again.

I experienced this a LOT, because I changed SD cards, so I had to re-install a bunch of apps, on 14393.5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3