Groove Music And Meta Data

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes when you are browsing albums in the album view, you can hold down on the album and click edit info, and there's some things you can edit as a whole for the album , such as the year, genre, album cover, etc.

I also figured out that when there's a duplicate album where let's say 12 tracks are in one place, and then another track is in a separate album, you just click the album, edit info, and then save. You don't even usually have to change anything to merge the album.

Thanks. But unfortunately, my issue is because all of my music is on OneDrive and not my phone. So far, there does not seem to be an option to edit the metadata of entire albums that are stored on OneDrive.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
going back to metadata - how good is it when recognising different languages? There are special characters and sometimes a different language is used for names and such

I'm not so sure since most of my songs are in English. I do have a few non-English songs (Korean, Japanese, Indian), but they have English titles.

Although previously, when I used the auto-metadata corrector from Windows Media Player to fetch the metadata for one of my Japanese song, they gave the song title, album name, and artist name in Japanese. Of course I haven't tried it with Groove at that time (Windows 8 days), but WMP apparently displays the characters correctly. So, yeah.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I've got version 3.6.23982.0 (updated today) on the AU release on my phone. I still have very little album and artist art. When I use Groove on my laptop, all the art is there and I copied the files from my laptop to my phone so I can't figure out what's missing. Any ideas?

Ratindra Sharma

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Thank you Chintan. Read all of them and have the files exactly on the Onedrive location folder called "Music" , however there is something not right which is preventing it from showing the music. Just wanted to ask do I need to add these files manually in Groove on PC or it should automatically show up?Currently I have it set to search from Onedrive location. Will share more details with images later on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6