Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.189 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is a bug....

The one-handed reachability mode is there to be able to reach the top of the screen, by moving the complete screen half way down.
Off course you can not touch the bottom of the screen then!.....

Just learn yourself to use it the way it was developed, and not ask MS to change it the way you want it to work.
If you want to scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do that without activating the one-handed reachability mode....

Ugh, it's intentional? That's even worse. Sorry, man, but needing to constantly fumble back and forth between one-handed mode and fullscreen mode because I can't see the bottom portion is just stupid. I don't like it, and I'm gonna upvote every single piece of feedback I find in the feedback hub about this.

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Same issues with my 950. I honestly wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually tests software before it's released. It would appear they don't.
I believe it is supposed to work that way......why would you enable one handed mode to reach items at the bottom of the screen????? I don't get it.....

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I believe it is supposed to work that way......why would you enable one handed mode to reach items at the bottom of the screen????? I don't get it.....

If you find that it works perfectly for you, then more power to you. But when I've been using it, I find myself constantly switching back and forth between one-handed and fullscreen, and it's cumbersome. I can't reach something (usually that stupid hamburger menu at the top-left or some filter), so I activate one-handed mode. Now I can't access the bottom, so I deactivate one-handed mode. Now I can't reach the top again, so I reactivate one-handed mode. Now I can't see the bottom again, so I deactivate it, and so on and so on. That's what I found myself constantly doing using Outlook Mail, and frankly it's a chore. I personally really like how one-handed mode is done on the GS7. The entire screen shrinks down to just under four inches, so it's like using a phone with a 4-inch screen. Everything is accessible, and there's no need to constantly activate/deactivate the one-handed mode.

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and after the last updates (I guess right after anniversary update) Windows Phone 8 apps started not working anymore. Apps like 6tag, WhatsApp, 4th & Mayor don't work. There are no problems with apps written for Windows 10 but the old apps I am using don't start at all. When I click an app icon a black screen shows up for like 1 second (as if the app is starting) but then it returns back (as if it has crashed).

What might be the problem? I searched but it seems like nobody faced such an issue. I'll hard reset but I wanted to know if anybody have any guesses what might the problem be.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 and after the last updates (I guess right after anniversary update) Windows Phone 8 apps started not working anymore. Apps like 6tag, WhatsApp, 4th & Mayor don't work. There are no problems with apps written for Windows 10 but the old apps I am using don't start at all. When I click an app icon a black screen shows up for like 1 second (as if the app is starting) but then it returns back (as if it has crashed).

What might be the problem? I searched but it seems like nobody faced such an issue. I'll hard reset but I wanted to know if anybody have any guesses what might the problem be.

I had the same with some apps, indeed after the AU.
Remove and reinstall them did the trick.
Hard reset will probably also work, but that would be my last step.....

ZuLuuuuuu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I had the same with some apps, indeed after the AU.
Remove and reinstall them did the trick.
Hard reset will probably also work, but that would be my last step.....

Thanks, my 4G connectivity was also stopped working (I didn't think it was related to Anniversary Update so I didn't write in my first post), so I decided to hard reset the phone to do a fresh start. Now everything is working.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is a bug....

The one-handed reachability mode is there to be able to reach the top of the screen, by moving the complete screen half way down.
Off course you can not touch the bottom of the screen then!.....

Just learn yourself to use it the way it was developed, and not ask MS to change it the way you want it to work.
If you want to scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do that without activating the one-handed reachability mode....

Actually you should be able to scroll and can do so on my L930. The reach-ability mode simply halves your screen sure the premise behind the UX hack is to reach the elements at the top of the screen but you still are able to scroll never the less.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey, guys! I just stumbled upon this community. :smile:

Do you have a tread in which you would regularly talk about various topics which regard Windows 10 Mobile? This tread would be a nice example for that, but it serves only for the current build *.189. I assume that you also had a tread like this for each of the previous treads, but what about a tread in which people would spend some time just chatting about their experiences with W10M, and their experiences, etc?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey, guys! I just stumbled upon this community. :smile:

Do you have a tread in which you would regularly talk about various topics which regard Windows 10 Mobile? This tread would be a nice example for that, but it serves only for the current build *.189. I assume that you also had a tread like this for each of the previous treads, but what about a tread in which people would spend some time just chatting about their experiences with W10M, and their experiences, etc?

Welcome...

Topics like what you are asking about would likely fall into this forum: General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge - Windows Central Forums

Thmoas De Grauw

May 22, 2015
Visit site
For the Lumia 640 and 635, I can't scroll all the way down in the one-handed reachability mode. I can't scroll to the last few rows of tiles, and I can't scroll pass the "W" apps in the apps list. Ah, another fine update by Microsoft.

Seems normal because you are at the end of the scroll list. To click something, get out of one hand mode. If you keep scrolling like you want you would end up with just the normal screen with the top half blackened out now that would be stupid.

What they could do is if you keep scrolling down you scroll out of one handed mode, but then people will complain they scroll out of it unintentionally, theres always something.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If you keep scrolling like you want you would end up with just the normal screen with the top half blackened out now that would be stupid.

I don't think it is. It would mean that I could just remain in ONE mode instead of needing to jump back and forth between the two modes. Needing to fumble back and forth constantly, which is something I find myself doing a lot in Outlook Calendar and Mail, is just dumb. It's cumbersome. You used to be able to scroll all the way to the bottom in one-handed mode before, and that eliminated the need to go back and forth, and now for some reason (hopefully a bug and not intentional), it changed.

Ingrid Willekens

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950. Issues with Bluetooth, WiFi and Gadgets after update. The biggest problem is with Gadgets. It starts up but that's it. Making it completely useless. So, decided to remove it and install it again. Surprise, that option is no longer available: it can't be removed 😶 WiFi sometimes fails to auto connect to another network. Bluetooth symbol is missing when a devise is connected. Connection now and then is lost for a second or so and switching it on or off via the action center sometimes freezes my 950 for a minute or 2, 3. And just recently, in Edge, using 'share' (web page) via mail caused a problem (red outlook screen instead of a blue one and it just kept loading) which was fixed with a soft reset. Geez Louise, they really messed up this time 😠

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
no lags or freeze issues on my 730, but a long time persistent bug has resurfaced again and yes its just what you must be thinking the calendar tile bug . The calendar tile will either stop showing the date and day or if it does the date and day wont auto change after 24hours. the only solution currently is to reboot the device and hoping Microsoft drops a new update soon because it has been a while since the last update for mail and calendar.

Also worth noticing is that, we haven't seen stock MSN app updates after the current CU which is weird because every CU has been followed by MSN and OFFICE app updates but none this time .

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
no lags or freeze issues on my 730, but a long time persistent bug has resurfaced again and yes its just what you must be thinking the calendar tile bug . The calendar tile will either stop showing the date and day or if it does the date and day wont auto change after 24hours. the only solution currently is to reboot the device and hoping Microsoft drops a new update soon because it has been a while since the last update for mail and calendar.

Also worth noticing is that, we haven't seen stock MSN app updates after the current CU which is weird because every CU has been followed by MSN and OFFICE app updates but none this time .

I had this mail and calendar tile updating bug since AU. CU or app update did not help.Only the WDRT helped though it was an extremely tedious process.
I got some MSN app updates -wallet,store,outlook mail & calendar,OneNote,photos,feedback hub yesterday and today (India).
If you decide to go through the WDRT then do not hard reset your phone after upgrading to AU - it may bring back the mail & Calendar tile (non)updating bug again.
My phone is working smoothly except that I was getting the error code which I was getting on my laptop too after my old outlook account got migrated by MS to the new MS account ( many others are also getting the same error code syncing contacts and mail and MS community page is full of complaints) .I had to remove my outlook account and add it back to remove the problem.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I got some MSN app updates -wallet,store,outlook mail & calendar,OneNote,photos,feedback hub yesterday and today (India).

i did a manual check for updates today morning but there were none, i even checked appraisin but no mention of nay new app updates from Microsoft. i will check again later.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
i did a manual check for updates today morning but there were none, i even checked appraisin but no mention of nay new app updates from Microsoft. i will check again later.

Appraisin is showing me those updates in addition to Truecaller (which I received too today).
Sometimes I get updates later than when it shows up on AppRaisin.

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
My unlocked Lumia 950 XL is constantly crashing everyday at least 4-5 randomly. Typically happens during the lock screen when I try to read notifications from the Action Center or unlocking my phone. The OS just crashes and stays black until I do a Soft Reset with the Power and Volume button. This will be the first time I will do a hard reset and hopefully it fixes it. I've been constantly updating with Production releases without issues since January. I guess continuous in-place updates are not that good with MS :p.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers