Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.189 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Return it for store credit, and buy the better flagship 640XL. And pocket the $400 difference. I did, and the 640XL simply blows away the creaky back, 5 hour battery, overheating, constant crashing 950XL.

Last edited:

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
My unlocked Lumia 950 XL is constantly crashing everyday at least 4-5 randomly. Typically happens during the lock screen when I try to read notifications from the Action Center or unlocking my phone. The OS just crashes and stays black until I do a Soft Reset with the Power and Volume button. This will be the first time I will do a hard reset and hopefully it fixes it. I've been constantly updating with Production releases without issues since January. I guess continuous in-place updates are not that good with MS :p.

After hard reset is the problem rectified. Iam facing the screen going black during call or unlocking in my Lumia950 DS.

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
After hard reset is the problem rectified. Iam facing the screen going black during call or unlocking in my Lumia950 DS.

Currently doing a full backup of all the files on my phone to my PC before I proceed with the reset. I do not really want to rely (or trust) on the phone backup or using OneDrive (space limitation). I will perform the reset soon, sadly will have to spend a lot of time re-configuring my settings/applications.

On another note, it also blacks out sometimes when I use an application like 6tag or Baconit after I press the back button a few times to back out of my page. It won't respond to anything other than a soft reset. The only difference between this and the unlock issue I stated earlier was that the screen doesn't flash yellow/orange/green like a crash. It just blacks out and becomes unresponsive.

Ryan Kwong

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Currently restoring my old settings and configurations. Hoping for the best. If I don't respond back here with any complaints, it means it is fixed. It appears others are having my issues too which is reported under Bugs and Defects thread for Lumia 950 XL.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not enjoying this build. Within the past three hours I had

- audio system fail (zero audio out while connected to bluetooth, and Groove complaining of an audio error)
- no GPS, only a gray dot on the map of a prior location
- trying to edit a Cortana reminder, space for the keyboard appeared, but that area remained blank. Could not bring up the KB until finalizing the reminder (so had to edit the created reminder afterward)

Edit: and just now, taking some pictures of a crazy sky from the window of this plane, the camera just froze, then crashed, and never revived until a reboot. Picture opportunity lost. :( Another build that "goes bad" after a few days. So frustrating. The Pixel announcement cannot come soon enough. Basically on Oct 4 I order either a Google Pixel if it's any good, or an iPhone 6S 128GB for $650.

Last edited:

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I am currently having an issue. SMS no alert sound and the phone does not light up when the phone is idle to show the notification. Same thing with Mail. I think notification is not working for all.

But if I turn on the phone, I see the notifications in the lock screen.

I did soft reset, and turn off and on the phone. No luck.

UPDATE:
I turned on Show notification on lock screen and problem solved. I must have unknowingly turned it off before.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I am currently having an issue. SMS no alert sound and the phone does not light up when the phone is idle to show the notification. Same thing with Mail. I think notification is not working for all.

But if I turn on the phone, I see the notifications in the lock screen.

I did soft reset, and turn off and on the phone. No luck.

UPDATE:
I turned on Show notification on lock screen and problem solved. I must have unknowingly turned it off before.

Ok to enable sms sounds when phone is locked you must show notifications on lock screen show sounds and notifications when phone is locked to keep them private on home screen say no to show banners and keep notifications private on home screen off (don't know why but this works) 😊

Resident Alien

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Running the latest OS build (10.0.14393.189) for a few weeks now. However since the latest update, battery life has been abysmal. Normally I would a get full 24-hours worth of battery life on my Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim without charging the phone once. Now I'm lucky if it would last 6-8 hours. At first I thought the battery drain was due to apps running in background which didn't happen before, so I assumed this must been part of the new update. But I later tested leaving the phone alone running nothing on a full charge to measure battery drain. Surprised to find 8 hours later the phone had turned off due to low battery. Usage indicates the biggest was the "Lock Screen" which is bizzare. Battery saver mode doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Disabling all toggles (WiFi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data, Location) and lowering brightness had zero effect. I've tried replacing the battery but the result was the same, so it definitely is a software defect. Would appreciate some actual assistance instead of generic cookie-cutter advice "like did you try restarting your phone?"

lopezi

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Is Flip to Silence permanently gone? I've hunted high and low (Unlocked 950 Dual Sim) and still cannot find an option to enable Flip to Silence. Does anyone else have Flip to Silence available on this build with an unlocked 950 Dual Sim?

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
A few weeks ago I reset my Lumia 635 running the Anniversary Update. After re-initailising, I noticed that the Settings->Extras->Touch settings entry was not included as a factory-default component. So I went to the app store and looked up "Gestures & Touch". But it was marked as unavailable. Something about it being incompatible with my device.

So today I took the drastic measure of using Windows Device Recovery Tool to revert back to the original OS (in my case, that was Windows Phone 8.1). Sure enough, the Touch settings category was back.

Then I re-upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile RTM, and the app store automatically updated me to the most recent version of "Gestures & Touch". From there I upgraded to build 14393.189, and Settings->Extras->Touch survived the upgrade. Now, flip to silence is available again.

I'm not sure how this would go for a device that shipped with Windows 10 Mobile instead of Windows Phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes