Which background apps can I disable in Windows 10 Mobile?

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I have optimized my Lumia 650 so I can do 3-4 days with one battery charge. Among other things I have disabled a handful of background apps. Bu there are some processes I don't know what they are for and if it save to disable them.

- Content Delivery Manager
- Email and accounts
- Equaliser
- RingtoneApp.WindowsPhone
- Store Purchase App
- Windows Default Lock Screen
- Work or school account
- Xbox Identity Provider
- Your account

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Content Delivery Manager

no you shouldnt disable this app.

Email and accounts

no , not even this one. emails wont sync automatically.
Equaliser

Equaliser might crash once you leave the page under settings.

RingtoneApp.WindowsPhone

Important app, should be allowed

Store Purchase App
- Work or school account
- Xbox Identity Provider
- Your account

all of the rest are again very crucial apps for your OS , disabling them might not be a wise idea. :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have optimized my Lumia 650 so I can do 3-4 days with one battery charge. Among other things I have disabled a handful of background apps. Bu there are some processes I don't know what they are for and if it save to disable them.

- Content Delivery Manager
- Email and accounts
- Equaliser
- RingtoneApp.WindowsPhone
- Store Purchase App
- Work or school account
- Xbox Identity Provider
- Your account

3 / 4 days???? maybe without whatsapp, sms, mail and nothing else. That's impossible on 650

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually, you can disable email if you don't automatically sync them - I've left this one disabled. In fact only groove, messaging, phone, photos and people can run in the background, nothing else

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp for Symbian was a famous battery killer even on glorious Nokias

I remember my n97 literally lasting forever for the few months I had that wasap cancer, on 2g I think it did survive for longer than even wifi, it was insane how I could chat and browse with opera mini for like 16 hours, funny how now I can barely make 3-5 hours of that and opera mini was faster than any browser I've seen yet even on pc

gwbonline

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I will leave them as they are.

@Maurizio Troso: Yes, it gets even better... I can do six days without charging. And I do use Whatsapp. I also use wifi, data connection, Windows Central app and many other apps. I disabled unnecessary background processes. And I don't respond immediately to every single beep I get. And when I go to sleep, I disable unnecessary connections like wifi and data. That is how I do six days with one charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb