Facebook App doesn't work.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Keeps crashing and when I try and post a pic or video it crashes.
Its installed on the phone storage and still no joy.

?ire 😢

ddnet

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Keeps crashing and when I try and post a pic or video it crashes.
Its installed on the phone storage and still no joy.

?ire 😢

You must using facebook beta.. Beta face better than normal face app.. I know this: Facebook is beta... But nevermind.. Believe me :)

And "soft reset-restart" fix the app problems generally..

Thanks and sorry for my badly English. I think you understad me :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You must using facebook beta.. Beta face better than normal face app.. I know this: Facebook is beta... But nevermind.. Believe me :)

And "soft reset-restart" fix the app problems generally..

Thanks and sorry for my badly English. I think you understad me :)

Thanks for the great advise. I have tried all these and nothing works 😢😢

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Try to uninstall the app, soft reset your phone and reinstall the app again. If it doesn't improve probably you have a 1Gb ram phone and there isn't much you can do about it because the official Facebook app is a port from ios and is badly optimized.

Sent from mTalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All three osmeta ports - Facebook, Messenger and Instagram I found work better after a hard reset after every o/s update and run on a clean phone without restore (except text messages)..

However that is just my personal experience with my L930.

I just tested video upload in mobile version and it works.

Sent from mTalk

I concur, videos via mobile website does work however it depends heavily on your internet connection speed be it WiFi or Cellular.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The app has been a train wreck for some time. There's been a facebook app for how many years now and we still cannot edit our profile information from it? Ridiculous.

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For those who have trouble with the Facebook app, you can try using Slim Social for Facebook.
It's basically a web wrapper but it works and does not crash and is about 100% faster.

It may be a 3rd party app but Windows Mobile has always thrived with 3rd party alternatives like 6tag etc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/slimsocial-for-facebook/9nblggh4vmr8

It does not have notification and people hub integration neither, the main reason I use the facebook app.

Sent from mTalk

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Ya its actually appalling so bad it should be taken down and fixed. I have installed it, uninstalled it reinstalled it, soft reset, moved it to sd, installed to device and hard reset the phone. Ya I don't care Snapchat isn't in our platform but no working Facebook app is just an insult to us who pay over 300 euro, dollar and pound for our windows phone!!!!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Never thought id say this but im thinking of jumping ship. The Sony Xperia X is a gorgeous phone I just don't want to turn into one of those Windows Phone haters. I have defended the OS as much as I can but this is maybe the final straw 😔😔😔😔😔😔

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon