HTC One M8

Mark4047

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
HI All,

Can someone please tell me how to download Windows 10 on my new phone? I am using the windows upgrade and it tells me my phone is not eligible for Windows 10 upgrade?

Also, having a problem with sending a picture in a text message? I get an error message can't send media content, try again? My provider is Con. Cell. They gave me their settings, but, still does not work. Does someone know the correct Sim settings for this phone?

If I can't get this phone updated and able to send a picture text, I am going to return it back to Amazon.

Thanks,

Mark

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
HI All,

Can someone please tell me how to download Windows 10 on my new phone? I am using the windows upgrade and it tells me my phone is not eligible for Windows 10 upgrade?

Also, having a problem with sending a picture in a text message? I get an error message can't send media content, try again? My provider is Con. Cell. They gave me their settings, but, still does not work. Does someone know the correct Sim settings for this phone?

If I can't get this phone updated and able to send a picture text, I am going to return it back to Amazon.

Thanks,

Mark

well, as the app says, your phone is not going to be able to upgrade to windows 10. still, if you really want windows 10 so bad, I would say you join the insiders program, and then get your phone updated to 10.
but lemme tell you, it wont be smooth for your device as it is old and not ideal for windows 10.
and about the sim settings, I am sorry, I don't think I can help you with that. sorry. :(

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
well, as the app says, your phone is not going to be able to upgrade to windows 10. still, if you really want windows 10 so bad, I would say you join the insiders program, and then get your phone updated to 10.
but lemme tell you, it wont be smooth for your device as it is old and not ideal for windows 10.
and about the sim settings, I am sorry, I don't think I can help you with that. sorry. :(

The M8 is not eliglible for the Insiders program. OP would have to modify his registry to get W10

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The M8 is not eliglible for the Insiders program. OP would have to modify his registry to get W10
I've updated 2 or 3 M8s to Windows 10 via Insider Preview. It's probably the best WP8-era phone running Windows 10 since it has the newest silicon prior to the 950 series. It will not get the official updates but it sure does get 10.

The registry edits you're referring to were for the Icon/930 and the Samsung Ativ SE because they were never in the Insider Preview program.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've updated 2 or 3 M8s to Windows 10 via Insider Preview. It's probably the best WP8-era phone running Windows 10 since it has the newest silicon prior to the 950 series. It will not get the official updates but it sure does get 10.

The registry edits you're referring to were for the Icon/930 and the Samsung Ativ SE because they were never in the Insider Preview program.

The M8 was once eliglible for the Insiders Program but not anymore. You can now edit the registry of ALL Windows phones (in the beginning it was only possible with Lumias). Check the XDA threads

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The M8 was once eliglible for the Insiders Program but not anymore. You can now edit the registry of ALL Windows phones (in the beginning it was only possible with Lumias). Check the XDA threads
The M8 is not eligible for 1607 but it's still available for 1511. As for registry editors, Lumias were probably the last to the party. My WP7 LG Quantum had one onboard and the Focus and Venue Pro had them available too. Interop unlocks were a breeze before the Lumias showed up with their locked bootloaders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon