Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My storage goes as follows:
Apps, maps, and downloads: Always on the device
Music, videos, photos: Always on the SD card
I like this, the only downside being that if you lose your phone, people have your private pictures. I limit my SD card use to media (videos, books, tons of mp3s), which leaves enough space on the phone for a good amount of pictures and videos.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I like this, the only downside being that if you lose your phone, people have your private pictures. I limit my SD card use to media (videos, books, tons of mp3s), which leaves enough space on the phone for a good amount of pictures and videos.

well when your taking 1080p vids or 16MB photo's that can fill up fast!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone use Edge browser at all? In my opinion it's not able to show any of webpages properly. When ebay app disappeared, many said that no problem, we use it with browser. But Edge shows ebay website so badly, that there is almost impossible to get anything clear.

Edge shows Ebay fine for me. Which domain are you visiting? Are you visiting Ebay's mobile version of the website?

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
True. Though Facebook app in particular is a terrible port. It is slow and i have regular issues with it on my phone. Again as the mood goes the app gap is getting a bit too much too handle.

As much as i like the OS and can handle the regular upgrades, the overall availability o fapps, the dwindling support and black hole future has killed my interest these days. I tried using iOS and as a personal opinion I found it a very boring OS, living in a fenced world and Android just hasnt changed how it feels over so many years.

But then finally I had to jump ship and move to Android and hope that some day MS may get their act sorted and not lose out on what could have been a great mobile platform.

MichalR

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
My biggest disappoinment is that Microsoft stopped listening Insiders and the customers as a whole. Such example: on Android they have a launcher called Arrow with unique feature of vertical scrolling. Recently they released a new beta version of the launcher, silently removing the vertical scrolling and applying as they said, the industry standard like horizontal scrolling. No matter that community is about 88% for vertical. THEY MS decided that better option is horizontal and didn't ask the community before applying changes. That's how they act in the business. Their ideas first, no matter what community says.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Edge shows Ebay fine for me. Which domain are you visiting? Are you visiting Ebay's mobile version of the website?

I have to admit on a more positive note I have found edge to be very good, it displays all my banking pages and Ebay Full desktop version or mobile version. Both are equally as good.

Scott Pisciotta

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Dev's don't hate MS. MS has the best development tools on the market bar none. Visual studio, SQL mgt studio, etc... Nice try though. It's a financial decision, why make an app for 5 million users, when I can make one for 200 million users.

bluekalo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
well try to tweet them or use feedback maybe when a lot of people are hearing your frustrations there.. they might notice it.. i dont think posting here will do any good unless the persons responsible for updating the builds are checking this forum always

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
well try to tweet them or use feedback maybe when a lot of people are hearing your frustrations there.. they might notice it.. i dont think posting here will do any good unless the persons responsible for updating the builds are checking this forum always

Way too late for individuals to tweet Developers. That is not going to make any difference what so ever, MS have alienated customers and developer's alike.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
My first smart phone was the HTC M8 (Win7), I loved it with the exception of it not having MicroSD expansion slot. As soon as Win8 was available waited patiently for Verizon to kick up the upgrade which never happened, so I signed up for the Developer Program even though I’m not a app developer, install Win8, and really loved the new perks that came with Win8. About a year before my 2 year renewal came up with Microsoft starting talking about the FREE upgrade to Win10, that got me even more excited to be a Windows Phone user. As my contract with Verizon approached I started looking at newer Windows Phones under Verizon, settled on the Lumia 735 as that was a sure bet to get Win10 when it would come out. Waited and waited, and was getting disappointed that the release was delayed for over 6 months after getting my Lumia 735 than finally the RL came out, but Verizon wasn’t releasing, and giving all of us who were asking a bunch double talk, saying the delay is Microsoft, not them, while Microsoft claimed it is out there for all carriers to push. So once again because Verizon wasn’t releasing it I signed up for the Insider Program that put Win10 on my phone. Now as I approach towards the homestretch of another completion of a 2 year contract I’m just not seeing any new Windows Phones, Verizon went from at one point of have 4 different phones to just the Microsoft Lumia 735, which come August unless they get a new model I will be moving over to an Android phone. I’m really hoping that Verizon gets a new Windows phone to add to their list of smartphones for sale, but sadly I’m not holding my breath.
Don't hold your breath, Verizon will not be getting any new Windows Phones

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
https://mspoweruser.com/netflix-for-magazines-shutter-their-windows-phone-and-windows-app/
The news is a reality check for those who believe the large Windows 10 user base can help retain apps on the platform, even in UWP form.

How many users on Windows mobile did they have?
MS has moved on from traditional apps because they realize no amount of effort will get them back into the game. They are focusing their efforts on something new.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Windows phone is crude in so many ways that I'm getting angry -.- Seriously they mess simple things up. It's no wonder so many people are tired of this. My suggestion is that we simply buy Android/IOS . Maybe MS will wake up sometime and just use Android for mobile. At this point WM doesn't make sense and MS should aim at the next "revolution".
I've made many thoughts about the future of Windows mobile and I came to the conclusion that there is a way to differ from the competition. The problem is, the technology required isn't ready yet.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
It was dying three years ago. Don't believe me, just do a search and read all about how the end is near and three years from now people will be able to find this thread in a search.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone is crude in so many ways that I'm getting angry -.- Seriously they mess simple things up. It's no wonder so many people are tired of this. My suggestion is that we simply buy Android/IOS . Maybe MS will wake up sometime and just use Android for mobile. At this point WM doesn't make sense and MS should aim at the next "revolution".
I've made many thoughts about the future of Windows mobile and I came to the conclusion that there is a way to differ from the competition. The problem is, the technology required isn't ready yet.

Use Android for mobile? Never.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I hate to put this out there but I really do feel this platform is dying and fast too, every day I am hearing about apps no longer supported, phone faults, and update issues, I really wanted to back this platform but I feel (after only 3 months) that things are going from bad to worse, I am even reading that loyal windows phone fans are leaving in large numbers and this is very concerning, I am beginning to regret my purchase (L950).
The platform seems static and no further phones from MS, suspected surface phone in the future but still nothing concreate, anyone else feeling this way? Its like watching a ship sink and being a part of it is not a good feeling. When I first joined W10M I was happy and optimistic but I don't feel that way now. What's more my L950 that cost £250 is now practically worthless as it wont sell as nobody demands the platform and if it did sell it would be for pennies.

People have been saying this for more than 2 years but OS is still alive.

Niel A

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It was dying three years ago. Don't believe me, just do a search and read all about how the end is near and three years from now people will be able to find this thread in a search.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Nah... Maybe for this time but technology is fast changing. I believe Microsoft is hiding something inside their sleeves. Let's just wait until Redstone 3 is released which btw is focused on mobile.

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Nah... Maybe for this time but technology is fast changing. I believe Microsoft is hiding something inside their sleeves. Let's just wait until Redstone 3 is released which btw is focused on mobile.

Says who ?

Microsoft said Redstone 2 would be heavily focused on mobile, the update is supposed to be released in a couple of months, and if you ask me, it's shaping up to be pretty underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon