Suggestion for Windows Central: highlight active developers and successful apps!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Windows 10 mobile is sliding in market share, but there are quite a few cool apps that are actively being developed.

How about for each four negative stories you guys publish one interview, developer profile, or app review that shows that there is another way? I'd love to see some positive news once in a while!

Suggested examples:

mTalk. These guys jumped into the WP fray to replace the ailing TapaTalk. Who are these guys, and how did they put that app together? What made them choose to do UWP and enable continuum support, and was it difficult?

Grover Pro: After using the WP8 app Podcast Lounge for years, I found this amazing UWP podcast app. Supports Continuum, and the dev even added swipe actions! OMG. Just a fantastic app. Who is the guy, where did he get his coding chops, is he working on something else? Do interviews, show the devs we care (I do!) and give the readers something positive to enjoy.

Share-to-Speech: Maybe you guys already did a profile on this one, but if not: another amazing UWP app with continuum support. Reads just about any web page to you and automatically strips out all the non-article related text. Innumerable customizations and nice tricks. Developer is insanely active with updates (about once a week!).

Monument Browser: This one came out of nowhere for me. A fast sleek browser with continuum support and data compression. Huh?! The dev name is the same as some soccer player, so now I wonder, who is this guy, how did they make this amazing browser, and ... can we trust them to handle our compressed web traffic? :)

If anyone knows other apps or developers you'd like to see featured, please post in this thread. No guarantees obviously since this is just a suggestion to the editors at this point.

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes I hear you and I couldn't agree more. I have found quite a number of very good apps which deserve to be highlight ed. If it's a good app I put my money where my mouth is and make IAP's to support the devs.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Ive noticed they tend to do this, First I created a x86 emulator thread and a week later up it pops on WC, then my last thread W10m is dying and again a week later up pops another report from WC, so its no surprise they do this, well done Joe920. Seems we are doing their work for them.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that. Unfortunately they started it with a super depressing paragraph. :) It might also have been smart to highlight one a day rather than a whole bunch at once, otherwise we might run out in a few weeks.

I'm hoping they'll also pick up the suggestion of doing developer profiles. I'd really enjoy reading more about who these people are, and how they built the app, or where they got their coding education. It's a nice way to get to know developers, and it might stimulate some readers to give this coding thing a try themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon