No CU for my 640 LTE

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Everyone on these forums seems to have gotten CU by now: Except me Out of curiosity, is there anyone else who has not gotten CU? The phone is an unlocked ATT 640, that's not on the ATT network.

rammstoon

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Don't know how helpful this is, but I only got mine on the 2nd; after endlessly checking daily it downloaded automatically. It's annoying, but you should give it a few more days.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Everyone on these forums seems to have gotten CU by now: Except me Out of curiosity, is there anyone else who has not gotten CU? The phone is an unlocked ATT 640, that's not on the ATT network.

Are you currently running Windows 10 Mobile? Does your phone have at least 50% battery?

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Are you currently running Windows 10 Mobile? Does your phone have at least 50% battery?
Phone is running the latest 1066 build, and I normally check in the mornings when battery is near full
The reason I was eager to get the update was to use the new reset feature to reset the mail app. The app has been steadily growing in size and I wanted to avoid the hard reset fix. I've read elsewhere though that a reset apparently has no effect on the app's size. If that's the case then there's hardly any good reasons for me to upgrade to CU; and having read about some of the problems CU seems to be causing, I'm almost glad it has not been offered to me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Phone is running the latest 1066 build, and I normally check in the mornings when battery is near full
The reason I was eager to get the update was to use the new reset feature to reset the mail app. The app has been steadily growing in size and I wanted to avoid the hard reset fix. I've read elsewhere though that a reset apparently has no effect on the app's size. If that's the case then there's hardly any good reasons for me to upgrade to CU; and having read about some of the problems CU seems to be causing, I'm almost glad it has not been offered to me.

Ah okay, I see. Maybe it's on the way. My unlocked 650 got it yesterday. I haven't tried an app reset so I can't say if it makes a difference or not, personally.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
my mom 640 AT&T unlocked same situation... No rush to put it on her phone. Going on release preview will do it pretty quick but, it's ok.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
ATT-locked 640, got CU today. (although it's been a while since it last Internet connectivity)
That's strange, you must be very 'lucky'
My phone is unlocked; has never been registered on the ATT network; and is located outside the US - yet I've been told that MS is waiting on ATT to give them the go-ahead to update my phone!

ATT is apparently phasing out Windows Phones and is unlikely to trouble themselves to verify the update, hence ATT tagged phones are unlikely to ever be offered the official update: Short of the PR version, ATT tagged phones are now permanently consigned to the AU

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Finally got CU via the 297 update. Did a soft reset after installation (removed battery) and I must say, so far, I'm impressed: My 640 was smooth before, but now it's silky smooth. Way to go MS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes