WhatsApp Not Opening (W10M-15063.297)

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have always been on production build, since Windows 10 was released officially for Lumia 640 XL. Yesterday I updated my Lumia to latest Creator Update Build 15063.297
After installing I was unable to open WhatsApp at all, as soon as I press it, a black screen appears for 1 second and it sends me back to My Start Screen.
So I did a full hard reset today, did not install any apps, updated all system apps and settings, and installed WhatsApp Messenger. Still the same, I cannot open the app at all.
The App does NOT open even for 1 second and it crashes back to wherever I was before that. Tried everything possible. Please help.
I have already done a HARD RESET 2 times to check this bug, everything uninstalled except WhatsApp and system apps (which cannot be uninstalled).
Uninstalled and Reinstalled 22 times now, NO BACKUP RESTORED for any data. Problem still persist.
Please HELP !

Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have always been on production build, since Windows 10 was released officially for Lumia 640 XL. Yesterday I updated my Lumia to latest Creator Update Build 15063.297
After installing I was unable to open WhatsApp at all, as soon as I press it, a black screen appears for 1 second and it sends me back to My Start Screen.
So I did a full hard reset today, did not install any apps, updated all system apps and settings, and installed WhatsApp Messenger. Still the same, I cannot open the app at all.
The App does NOT open even for 1 second and it crashes back to wherever I was before that. Tried everything possible. Please help.
I have already done a HARD RESET 2 times to check this bug, everything uninstalled except WhatsApp and system apps (which cannot be uninstalled).
Please HELP !
Uninstall WhatsApp

Sent from mTalk

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have already done a HARD RESET 2 times to check this bug, everything uninstalled EXCEPT WhatsApp ....

Did you restore from a Whatsapp backup??
If the backup were, for whatever reason corrupted, it could explain your predicament...

...perhaps you could try reinstalling WA but dont restore from backup
My 2 cents

... !!

Last edited:

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you restore from a Whatsapp backup??
If the backup were, for whatever reason corrupted, it could explain your predicament...

...perhaps you could try reinstalling WA but dont restore from backup
My 2 cents

... !!

I am unable to Open WhatsApp Messenger even for 1st time, no backup restores, a CLEAN HARD RESET done.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the latest build allow resetting an app? Have you tried that? I don't have a W10M to give you specific instructions on how to do it.

M0TH3R_FR4GG3R

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the latest build allow resetting an app? Have you tried that? I don't have a W10M to give you specific instructions on how to do it.

No option to reset WhatsApp, only the system apps have that option to reset in the settings.
Anyways, I am unable to open WhatsApp even for 1 time, which means I have not set up the app, now what do I do ? :(

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Uninstalled and Reinstalled 22 times now, NO BACKUP RESTORED for any data. Problem still persist.
Please HELP !
Download WhatsApp beta
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...abefdc100675d0e6dd0127a1e7b3a0&token=7YSSA_9R

Sent from mTalk

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp doesn't allow to be installed on external memory, at least last time I checked.

Here is something that might work.

Uninstall Whatsapp first, then open Storage (it can be found in the apps list). Change the saved locations for new apps to be installed to SD card. Now install Whatsapp. It should work.

l9LZTJP.jpg

Edit: Use this option of you want to revert subsequent apps installations to phone memory instead,

.... and there's no way to move it to the external memory card.

Alternatively, if WA is already installed, you can move it to SD card.
Go to settings / Apps / apps and features.
Look for Whatsapp. Clicking on it will bring up options to Move or Uninstall

4DBb2HV.jpg

... !!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6