Any way to fix erroneous listings on the notifications settings screen?

Charlie Pelosi1

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
My 950XL has a bad listing on the top of the notifications settings screen.
It says {BBC57C87-46AF...... and so on.

It happened after doing a reset on the phone. After about a day I get a notification listing the same text as above from gestures beta and then that shows up in the notifications settings screen. I have tried resetting the phone a few times and it does this every time.

I am currently running OS build 10.0.15063.332

Is there a way to remove this from the settings screen for notifications? It drives me crazy. I also have a Lumia 1520 and that phone does not have this problem.

I am attaching a picture of the settings screen to see exactly what I am talking about.

Thank you!

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170528_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20170528_0001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have two of these listings, one of them was causing a notification to popup and sound after each update and reset. Since those were happening overnight it made me wakeup. The issue is the notification actually deleted itself after appearing! I had to do a reboot cycle 5 times over to actually catch the notification just before it deleted itself to see what it was. It said:
Welcome to joyn. A better way to share content.
I found out it is some kind of rich messaging service in mobile network, something like whatsapp/viber/messenger but baked into the mobile network. It should be a part of the Messaging app but notifications were coming from this unknown sender. I disabled this and no more annoying sounds in the night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234