RBC (Canada) Dropping Windows Phone Support

Tony Saragosa

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably not surprising, but Anyone using the RBC (Canada) for Windows Phone App, RBC is discontinuing support for the app, designed for Windows Phone 8.x, however still works on Windows 10 Mobile. I got notified today while trying login to check my bank account, and was told to use the website.
I sent them an email, stating if they had considered that the app is being used on Windows Mobile 10 as well.
And asked if the Windows (PC) app was being discontinued as well, its not a universal app AFAIK, but they seem to share the same code.
I guess this is another feeling disappointed in Microsoft in its handling of current mobile devices, seemingly leading to some app developers to abandon the platform.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170918_0001.png
    wp_ss_20170918_0001.png
    132 KB · Views: 8

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Well that's not very comforting to hear but as you said, not a surprise. Venture to guess RBC for WM10 won't be too far behind. We lost the TD Bank app for 10 only a few short months back.

Gord Sutherland

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I received the same message yesterday on my 950XL using WM10. This is just so disheartening. Month after month another app bites the dust. I REALLY don't want to go back to Android but I just don't know how much longer I can hold out.

Tony Saragosa

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
RBC responded to my message to them today, told me If i have an iPad/iPhone or Android device, I could use the app, as they have active support. that irked me, i had to reply back that Mobile 10 does have active support (technically) with OS updates still being released, and the insider program. Even told them it has full NFC tap to pay functions that no bank in Canada has decided to utilize. I don't have a problem moving to Android, other then not being able to view my purchased videos (i know grove has been released for android, but no Movie and TV app, so far AFAIK) and the fact i just got my 640XL phone last February. and that was only because my Samsung Ativ S couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 (officially), which the Ativ S was a far superior phone to the 640, except for the screen size though. I use Android on my tablet, (Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8"), but dammit, i still like my Windows phone lol.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
For sh*ts and giggles turned on my 950 and tried to log-in via RBC app, sure as the day is long she's a goner.

All I can say...

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, yeah!!!

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Their app was garbage since for the past 3 years. I even tried contacting RBC several times about this and their response was if I was using a iPhone or Samsung phone.
I'm planning to leave RBC for good now. They lost a good customer and I'll be making the switch to a local credit union soon

RohanRonQM

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
One thing to note, is the Tangerine Bank (also in canada) has such an awesome app for both PC (W10) and Windows 10 Mobile. I know many people that use it all the time and it is great.

I really wish other banks were as committed though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital