Just when I thought the app situation couldn't get worse.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but that is absolutely false. You may be able to access everything for your needs but I've proven on multiple occasions, WM and A browser will hit a point of "no-can-do". Lost count how many times I've been greeted with "unsupported browser/OS". So an app is not JUST a different interface as you so proclaim when it pertains to WM.

That’s an old argument people like to throw out there that doesn’t hold water. Sure, there are some occasions where a browser can do what an app does but not regularly.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
That’s an old argument people like to throw out there that doesn’t hold water. Sure, there are some occasions where a browser can do what an app does but not regularly.

My bad, initially misinterpreted your post (half asleep LOL). Take left foot, open mouth... Anyway...

Yeah, if it were possible for a browser to take up most of the slack then I'd be OK with it, not totally happy but just OK. At least it would allow the platform to be more functional and usable for many. Sadly that's not the case.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My bad, initially misinterpreted your post (half asleep LOL). Take left foot, open mouth... Anyway...

Yeah, if it were possible for a browser to take up most of the slack then I'd be OK with it, not totally happy but just OK. At least it would allow the platform to be more functional and usable for many. Sadly that's not the case.

We’ve been hearing for years that browsers would take over apps but it certainly didn’t turn out that way.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
We’ve been hearing for years that browsers would take over apps but it certainly didn’t turn out that way.
I still see apps running in browsers that require various versions (CGI, I'm looking at you) and even *gulp* Flash support.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Update: I finally had the timer installed with new landscaing. Then when I used their app in an Android emulator on my W10 2in1, the first thing it wants to do is connect to the timer via blue-tooth. Well no Android emulator can access built-in blue-tooth. So I had to scrounge a cheapo Android phone to try to set things up. Which by the way is going slowly because of lack of documentation, mostly missing steps. So its a process of taking a few steps, try to figure out why you hit a wall, then call support and wait a half hour to get the NEXT undocumented step. LoL Did I mention that they might tell you a step that wipes out the hour of programming you had already done? If anyone is wondering how they can be profitable providing so much support, it appears that the process for doing this as the FIRST thing when powering up is decently documented. The undocumented steps are related to doing all this after the timer has been programmed at the panel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon