microsofy lumia 650 phone won't turn on even with a fully charged battery

jdspot18

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
My phone won't turn on or won't charge got no charging symbol and still won't turn on even though I've swapped the battery for a fully charged one what could it be

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Have you just had the regular patch update before this happened? I'm asking because my L830 received and downloaded it a couple of days ago and it didn't begin the install, the phone switched off and remained dead for 36 hours despite having 2 fully charged batteries swapped into it, connecting and disconnecting the charger, attempts at soft reset. Nothing worked so I gave up and went back to my back up Android phone. On the 3rd morning I plugged in the charger, switched it on and the phone came to life immediately and began to install the patch update! This is happening with every update I've had for the last six months and the time my phone is dead gets longer every time, hence switching to the Android. I can't rely on the Lumia as my main phone now. I hope yours wakes up soon. Fingers crossed

FunGuy13

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening with my 650 as well with the update install during the last 4 months. My install is selected during Quiet Hours after midnight. What I have done to force a restart is hold the Power + Volume Down Button simultaneously for 10 seconds and the phone does a Soft Reset...the install finishes and everything seems ok. Will be switching to Galaxy S8 Note soon...this phone has become more unreliable with each new update in the past 4 months...unfortunate, as I have been with this OS for the past 15 years , starting with Windows Mobile and stuck it through because of Live Tiles, stable and fast OS...RIP

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm pleased the soft reset works for you but hasn't worked for me for months now. I never know if or when my L830 will switch on again. It's sad that we have to leave but having a reliable phone is paramount. I used to admire Microsoft for the regular patch updates but I dread them now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon