Fluent Design System

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
What do you guys think about Fluent Design System on Windows 10 Mobile?
For my opinion, I don't really like it. It's a beautiful design system and it looks more modern, but if its going to cost the performance for visual quality, I'd choose performance.

like Groove Music on W10M, If I'm in the Now Playing section, opening the action centre will not open smoothly, the animation is stutter. Also on Microsoft Store, open the 3 line on the left (hamburger menu I think) will not open smoothly, scrolling in the hamburger menu also not smooth.

So what do you guys think about the Fluent Design System? is it worth it?

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
The fluent design system works smoothly without any lag or stutter on my Lumia 950Xl using groove, store and maps. In fact Store app is faster then before, but I think the improvement came in a storeapp update before the fluent design system was introduced. Which device and os build are you on?

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I am using Microsoft Lumia 950 with OS build 10.0.15254.158...
Almost all first party app with Fluent Design on my Lumia 950 works laggy and stutter. Map app is the worst...

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the same OS build. Maybe someone else with the 950 could check this out but I don't think the difference in speed between our phones is that big. Do you have all apps installed in phone memory or SD card? I have no apps on my SD card. Think you need to do a hard reset and don't restore from a backup, just login to your account and reinstall every app fresh. I did this after Creators Update and after that everything runs smoothly. I know it takes a couple of hours doing this but it's worth it.

Henry Linc

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I've done hard reset 3 times only after a few months after buying it (the last 1 was after the Creators Update). Only apps and Offline Map are installed in the memory, others are in SD card.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I see a noticeable performance difference on my 950 compared to non-fluent design apps, but it's no big deal. I like it and I would love to see translucent navbar and action centre, but that's not going to happen anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon