windows 10 phone homescreen contacts tile photos changed from squares to circles

john doe126

Jul 2, 2018
Visit site
Hi I was buying a case for the lumia 950 & the phone in the photo had contacts photos as squares in the contacts tile. Is there an option in the phone to choose either circles or squares ,if not can you please provide an update which allows this . With squares, 4 smaller squares lined up together to form a larger square picture without any space gaps in between the photos . This can't be done with the circles. thanks
John

john doe126

Jul 2, 2018
Visit site
Everything else is squares (tiles) & Microsoft changes this one thing to circles to disrupt the whole consistency of the screen appearance & now the photos don't flip ,they slide instead ,far less visually appealing. Those flipping tiles were one of the main reasons I bought a windows phone, because it looked cool. Now a bunch of kiddy bubbles floating around like a ball play pit. They said win.10 was the last platform because everything subsequent could be adapted to it if they can't adapt back to squares then that's not correct.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I, and most other people, agree that the bubbles don't mesh with the overall design. But they did it and so you're stuck with it. Sorry.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Was an annoying change and particularly for people like me who have a lot of Scandinavian contacts that I can no longer recognize with the corners of their faces cut off.

john doe126

Jul 2, 2018
Visit site
Yes we're stuck with it. I wonder if after Microsoft realises that nearly everyone prefers the squares whether they'd consider in a future phone release giving users a choice of either squares or circles in the settings . It would seem to be a simple software program update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital