Lumia 925 W10M Hack?

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've currently got a Lumia 925 that I successfully sidedloaded Windows 10M 10.0.10586.107 to. It's been running fairly well for a month, well enough for me to replace the glass (original screen was cracked) and battery and keep it flying so to speak.

I was interested in updating the version of Windows 10M on there, and looked at the following website...

https://nokiapoweruser.com/hack-to-get-windows-10-mobile-redstone-build-14267-on-any-lumia/

I was going to try and use the various registry hacks mentioned to try and change the model of the phone to the 950 XL and get the latest version of the OS off the insider slow ring.

Unfortunately with vcREG and Interop Tools installed on the phone I can read, but not write to the various registry entries mentioned on that website.

Any recommendations on how I can get it to save the values? I'm getting a Debug Write Error from Interop.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Don't update your 925 to CU or FCU because maps won't work. Its better if you stick to Anniversary Update(1607) latest update is 10.0.14393.2551. I am also using the same phone. You can also spoof it as Lumia 830 which is only supported till Anniversary Update.

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Good advice but how can it be done if the registry values cannot be written and saved?

The method which OP has been following is too complicated and way too unnecessary. Just follow this post on WindowsCentral

forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/457217-tutorial-how-run-creators-update-your-older-lumia-device.html

with this you'll be able to edit all the registry values.

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The method which OP has been following is too complicated and way too unnecessary. Just follow this post on WindowsCentral

forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/457217-tutorial-how-run-creators-update-your-older-lumia-device.html

with this you'll be able to edit all the registry values.

Thanks, this seems to have worked perfectly and I'm downloading 10.0.14393.1066 without first having activated the Windows Insider Fast ring. Let's see how stable this is, I figure I can always activate that later.

I had downloaded interop from the windows store and for whatever reason that didn't work. But I reset the phone and copied everything you recommended (the ARM folder dependencies and the TH2 version of interop) and the registry editing worked perfectly.

This should keep me chugging along on the Windows platform using this Lumia 925 and my Acer W4 for another year or so.

KPDRRM

Apr 10, 2019
Visit site
Lumia 925 W10M - black edges

Hi, guys.

Im also one of us using 925 and W10M.
First of all, thanks for your description! It worked for me and made my long lasting effort finally ended!

Im curious about your 925. On my Lumia the W10M runs with "offset" about 2 mm from edges of display, and not usig whole display! Do you have the same trouble? Or I did a mistake when installing some offline W10M version?

Thanks!

KKVinayKumar

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 W10M - black edges

Try changing its dpi setting to a lower dpi. If everything gets centered & fits properly then try changing it back to the default(i.e original) dpi setting, if it gets centered & fits everything properly then it's fine. If everything fails then I am afraid that hard reset is the only solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes