Facebook Messenger replacement ?

george-x

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Well, there goes Facebook Messenger... since 2 days ago displays a message "App no longer available".

Can't find any 3rd party program in the Store. Any suggestions anyone ?

eekaspider

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Messenger (and Messenger Beta) are still available. I'm using beta, but I just downloaded and installed the regular version from the store to test.
I wish they would update it, though. It's annoying that I can view 360 degree photos in Messenger on my Android phone but not in Windows.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's already been mentioned that pretty much all the apps are going to go (or not be updated) for W10 mobile. Even the MS apps.

I can appreciate that you guys love the OS but it's dying soon to be dead.

If you want to stay in the mobile space it's time to move on really.

george-x

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
If all fails just use the website.

Slimsocial includes messaging, but no Live Tile updates and no notifications.

Messenger (and Messenger Beta) are still available. I'm using beta, but I just downloaded and installed the regular version from the store to test.

Not available in the Store in my location any more !

It's already been mentioned that pretty much all the apps are going to go (or not be updated) for W10 mobile. Even the MS apps.

I can appreciate that you guys love the OS but it's dying soon to be dead.

If you want to stay in the mobile space it's time to move on really.

Can't buy a new phone now, not with the camera quality & 4K video of the 950XL anyway. Will switch to Android when I can.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't buy a new phone now, not with the camera quality & 4K video of the 950XL anyway. Will switch to Android when I can.

I own a Sony Xperia 1

Dedicated camera button
4K HDR Screen
4K HDR video
Slow motion video
Triple cameras (telescopic and wide)
RAW photos
Manual controls
Dedicated app for video by CineAltra

Sony is well known for keeping up with updates as well. I have access to millions of apps and all the popular ones which won't be discontinued.

That's just Sony. The are other's just as good. Android has come a long way.

I'd be happy to compare. :smile:

Last edited:

Steven Jepson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, by "can't buy" I meant "can't afford". I know there are phones with good cameras out there.

I hear ya. I have done SO MUCH research to find a shooter that's as good as my 950XL - I even found a professional photographer that uses one as his daily shooter!

Right now, my replacement phone is going to be the Note 9. I'd go with a Pixel 3 or the 6T, but the memory isn't expandable, and I like the enhanced s-pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examking010