Cortana Natural Language Queries - Feedback (Will go to Dev Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Region/Language: USA English
Exact Phrase Spoken: Track my Amazon package sent via UPS.
Did Cortana parse this correctly: Yes
Expected Results: Cortana tells/shows me details about the package like current status,expected delivery time etc.
Actual Results: Bing search about 'Track my Amazon package sent via UPS.'
Feedback: It would be great if Cortana could extract the tracking number from the email I received from Amazon and give me details about that package.

Oliver Maksimovic

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Region/Language: USA / English

Issue #1:
Exact Phrase Spoken: turn bluetooth off, turn off bluetooth
Expected Results: to turn off the bluetooth (it was turned on)
Actual Results: She asked "Turn off the alarm for what time?" and there was no way to make her turn the bluetooth off, she kept asking which alarm I want to turn off. However, typing to her "turn bluetooth off" resulted in bluetooth getting turned off correctly. For some reason she gets confused only when the command is spoken.

volvoshine

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Region/Language: USA / English
Exact Phrase Spoken: "What is the land mass of north America"
Expected Results: Show me a map of North America and the correct answer
Actual Results: Bing search

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: Say my name. Also: What is my name, tell me my name
Did Cortana part this correctly: Yes
Expected Results: Cortana should speak the name you set during initial setup
Actual Results: Displayed a search result for a variety of things
Feedback: this should be pretty simple. Also, Cortana should know any time some one says "tell me" there should be a verbal response

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: What time is it, tell me the time
Expected Results: Cortana to read me the current time verbally
Actual Results: variety of search results about time
Feedback: It would be really nice if Cortana could read the time for a better hands-off experience

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: Read me my last incoming text message
Expected Results: Cortana to read my last text
Actual Results: asked me who I wanted to send a text to
Feedback: It would be really nice if Cortana could read texts for a better hands-off experience. Also, should be able to tell her how contacts are pronounced for better accuracy

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: What time is sunset?
Expected Results: Cortana to read me the time for sunset at my current location.
Actual Results: Displayed search results having to do with sunsets, but not time for current location
Feedback: Cortana needs to respond with voice instead of defaulting to search results unless you TELL her you want search results

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Region/Language: US/US
Exact Phrase Spoken: Tell Talderon to get well soon
Expected Results: No expectations
Actual Results: Search results for how to write a thoughtful get well message
Feedback: Just wanted to sneak in a get well message in this thread while still sticking to the required format. :)

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: Show me the Amazon email with UPS tracking number
Expected Results: To find the email from Amazon that includes a tracking number
Actual Results: Cannot find any such email even if one from earlier today exists
Feedback: Would be great if Cortana actually would read the emails as I thought it was doing.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]All,

This is NOT a discussion thread. Please use the discussion threads available to post questions and concerns, this thread is ONLY to report Cortana Queries and result issues.

Thanks!!![/WARN]

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Region/Language: US/English US
Exact Phrase Spoken: "Hi Cortana, show me the top movies in Flixster."
Expected results: Opens Flixster app and shows top movies (same result as saying 'Flixster top movies')
Actual Results: Bing search
Feedback: She needs to respond to apps with natural language instead of set words that sound robotic.

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: tell me what time I need to leave for the meeting with XXXX
Expected Results: To check the traffic on the way from my home/work where I am located to the place of the meeting (a major landmark in all online maps) and tell me when I should go.
Actual Results: Cortana says: "You have a meeting with XXXX in YYY at 4pm."
Feedback: It looks like in this case Cortana cannot understand the request, but only returns the actual time of the meeting with XXXX.

Exact Phrase Spoken: When is the sunrise tomorrow?
Expected Results: To tell when the sun rises tomorrow.
Actual Results: Cortana says out loud: "It doesn't look like it. Here's the forecast." And she then shows the weather forecast for tomorrow in Fahrenheit with weather symbols.
Feedback: I really hope sun will rise tomorrow and that she has made a mistake.

mohammed yasir

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Region/Language: United states/ English(united states)
Exact phrase spoken: Show me the new notifications
Expected result: Cortana to show my notification centre or read aloud who has texted or e-mailed me.
Actual results: A Bing search

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: How long do I need to get to my next appointment?
Expected Results: Your next appointment is at xyz location and is 20 minutes away... (similar results to "How long does it take me to get to work")
Actual Results: Search result
Feedback: If I enter an address in my calendar for the next appointment, Cortana should get that and tell me how long it takes to get there AND pick remind me to leave 20 minutes before my meeting... It works great when the address is saved in "Places" but now when the address in plainly entered in the standard format (123 Main st...)

Julian Diaz1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I want to know if these are bugs or not:
1. when I said or write to cortana something that begins with 'tell me', she automatically think that I wanna send a text and what it worst the text goes to me (I never associated the word "me" to my person - cause never add me to the circle and never add "me" as a nickname in my person);
2. if I said o write 'show me emails from' or 'emails from' a person or the name of the account, she makes a bing search and in the phone section shows nothing;
3. never said to me if I wanna be update of a flight (info in emails);

despite that, what are you doing is awesome.
Regards from Argentina

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Region/Language: US/US
Exact Phrase Spoken: "Play Tegan and Sara" followed a little later by "Turn on shuffle"
Did Cortana parse this correctly: yes
Expected Results: Cortana plays Tegan and Sara, and on request activates shuffle mode / shuffles current playlist
Actual Results: Cortana plays Tegan and Sara, but for the request "turn on shuffle" she shows Bing search results for "How to turn on a iPod shuffle" etc.
Feedback: When asking Cortana to play music by a certain artist, it would make sense to always shuffle play. I assume few users want to play their entire collection album by album. And second, I hoped Cortana could activate shuffle mode.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
When enabling Cortana to give alerts for sports team scores, she doesn't give the alerts.

Region: USA
Exact phrase spoken: N/A
Expected results: For an item to show up in action centre with the info, or a Cortana popup
Actual results: Nothing happened at all

Many thanks!

-edit-

Ok my mistake, she gave me an update at the end of the game with a popup. I suppose I'd rather see this info in the action centre, as the popup came kind of late. It's fine tonight cause it's Friday night, but if the popup comes this late during the workweek it would wake me up.

Last edited:

Sashank Mishra

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Exact Phrase Spoken: Who is the founder of Google?
Expected Results: Cortana to read me the names of the founders along with search result (as in Google Now)
Actual Results: Displayed a search result that showed me the names of the founders.
Feedback: Please add voice reading for specific searches like mentioned above. This is there but not used for all searches. Like if I ask Cortana to give me the review of Captain America, she reads the search result as 8.3/10. Similarly....Asking Who is the founder of Microsoft works fine with voice reading of result, but again as I said it is limited. Only few search results are read. If founders of Microsoft is read aloud, then why can't the founders of Google be? Lets make it universal a if we search anything that has a specific result, it should read out loud. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon