Basic questions only do a Bing search

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I was surprised that there are basic questions that Cortana can not respond to and only result in a Bing search. For something that has been in development for a few years I would have expected basic questions to be able to have a spoken response too. Looks like Microsoft is focusing on the witty type questions more then they are on the basic ones.

For example when I ask the following basic questions it just results in a Bing search for what I said:
What time is it? -> a Bing search for "What time is it?"
What is the current time? -> a Bing search for "What is the current time?"
What is the date? or What is the current date? -> a Bing search for "What is the date?" or "What is the current date?"
What time is it in __________? (For example What time is it in Hawaii?) -> a Bing search for "What time is it in _________?"

Indigo is doing a better job then this because Indigo can give the correct verbal response to each of those questions. Is anyone else getting a response other then a Bing search. Maybe Microsoft needs to not focus on the witty, type of off the wall questions can people ask and what response can we give and focus on basic stuff.

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if that is the same issue. I'm not having the issue where everything I ask it results in a Bing search, just basic questions that I would expect a verbal response to like the ones I listed above. I can ask it all the crazy/witty questions and they work fine for me, I'm not getting a Bing search on those, I'm getting the pre-recorded witty responses.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Wonder if that is the same issue. I'm not having the issue where everything I ask it results in a Bing search, just basic questions that I would expect a verbal response to like the ones I listed above. I can ask it all the crazy/witty questions and they work fine for me, I'm not getting a Bing search on those, I'm getting the pre-recorded witty responses.

hmmm i'd just wait for the fix, clearly there are some bugs to be fixed or you could try a restart then a soft reset

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss