Cortana needs lockscreen important improvements

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love Cortana so far and surprisingly use her on the daily... but I realized there's a couple of 2 big problems with her in this beta stage:

1. If your lockscreen has a timeout before it shows pin or no pin at all, and you use her with a headset while in your pocket, she unlocks your phone and keeps the start screen open while in your pocket. I didn't realize this until when I arrived home one day and the phone was on and really hot in my pocket and the battery was almost drained because the screen was on the whole time in my pocket.

2. If your lockscreen doesn't have a timeout (i.e. you have to enter a pin all the time) or it's passed your timeout time, she constantly asks you to unlock your phone even for basic questions that don't need your personal information. She skips and play songs fine.. but if you ask "What's the Weather" or "where am I" for example... she asks to unlock the phone. It's understandable if it's related to my personal information, but for non-confidential questions, she shouldn't need to be unlocked... or even better, have an option for it for those that want it and those that don't. :)

Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: She asks to Unlock Phone for basic questions :(

"You just need to unlock your phone first." --- *sigh* I wish she was able to answer more questions without having the phone unlocked. She skips and play songs fine.. but if you ask "What's the Weather" or "where am I" for example... she asks to unlock the phone. It's understandable if it's related to my personal information, but for non-confidential questions, she shouldn't need to be unlocked... or at least have an option for it. :)

Remove your pin if you have any and ensure that you have enabled her over lockscreen.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I did enable her over lock screen. Removing my PIN is not an option. I tried that already and she keeps the phone unlocked and if i'm jogging or something she stays on in my pocket and it overheats. Not cool

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon