UK release imminent?

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The Windows Phone UK twitter account posted this tweet a bit earlier. Seems like the UK release for Cortana is close.

https://twitter.com/windowsphoneuk/status/471591714013339648

All it says is 'Soon' together with this picture
BotuKj7IYAABbSX.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some of us are still waiting for the official 8.1 update, any news on when this will be coming.

Um, unless you own a 630 or a 930 we're all waiting for the offical 8.1 update.

So to answer you question, no idea. June? July? August? Next year? Don't you just love WP? :p

garry bryant

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah love Wp but gets very frustrating having to wait for updates and especially apps that have been out for a while on other os, but still the best things come to those who wait i suppose.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah love Wp but gets very frustrating having to wait for updates and especially apps that have been out for a while on other os, but still the best things come to those who wait i suppose.

Just keep believing that and drink the Kool-Aid and all will be well. :)

Maybe MS will surprise us one day.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got Cortana in UK. Just needed to change my language settings to US English.

... and your region. A lot of us have Cortana using this trick. The problem is that by changing your region, you no longer have access to the UK store. Once they officially release Cortana over here, we should be able to use it with the UK region and continue to use the store as normal.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, WP8.1 will be have its official launch on the 24th June. As Cortana is a baked in aspect of 8.1, I think we can deduct that the 24th June is about as "soon" as its going to happen.......

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hmm, I wonder what they define "soon" as!

Scuttlebutt around the office is before official release, but don't quote me on that because it seems to be changing regularly as issues are found/worked on, but the goal is SOON. :cool:

As I understand it, WP8.1 will be have its official launch on the 24th June. As Cortana is a baked in aspect of 8.1, I think we can deduct that the 24th June is about as "soon" as its going to happen.......

You are correct. The target date for the official launch is June 24th. Cortana is included in WP 8.1 but will not be activated unless your region has been activated (server side), so will still need to do the Region/Language settings trick.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait, really can't wait. I must check my phone for updates 4 or 5 times in each 24hours lol. I am in the UK, so keen to get Cortana, but haven't changed region etc... I have noted that Mr Belfiore has not tweeted anything since last Saturday - he is either on Holiday, or he is busy preparing the release of WP8.1....I'm hoping the latter :winktongue:

Thanks for being so active on the forum, Talderon. It is very much appreciated!

theOne1893

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait for an european Cortana!
I live in Switzerland and set the regio to US to use Cortana from here.

Having a UK Cortana will make things a lot better for me, no more asking for weather in celsius or beeing specific about the metric system in my questions :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes