Cortana's weather

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Does Cortana use Bing weather? Its terribly inaccurate and was wondering if I need to download bing weather and adjust the settings. Asking Cortana the temp I get a 15 degree too low reading. Not very useful. I'm trying to like Cortana and see if I had the recent update thinking it would be an improved experience. I don't have it, at least I don't think I do, not sure how to confirm.
Asking her my name or sing me a song got old fast. Not seeing the usefulness here at all, and inaccurate weather reports is just another strike out.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The recent updates have not been for all users.. It seems to be for a handful of people whether this was intentional or just luck we will never know.. Except for those points you mentioned there are a lot of other reasons to love her.. The reminders, the quick way to add appointments to calendar, searching the web, Calling people in your phone book, texting others, quiet hours etc etc just saying :p

Brent-WP

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it is getting its weather data from iMap Weather which for me is also very inaccurate. I have the Bing Weather app installed so I don't think that makes a difference.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In late May we took a 2 day trip to Duluth. The day before I asked Cortana how warm it was going to be in Duluth tomorrow. She said 45. My wife asked Siri and got 60. I assumed that given the beta status of Cortana I would be better off listening to Siri when packing. In this case Cortana nailed it, so my wife was quite impressed because she operates a food cart and depends heavily on accurate weather reports. Obviously that is only one data point, but that was the type of inquiry where I see a digital personal assistant having a lot of value. For current weather and five day forecast of my hometown, I keep a weather app large live tile pinned near the the top of my start screen, which is a lot faster than asking Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon