Quiet Hours not working

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Could anyone help with a problem I have with quiet hours in the UK? I have DP update 1 and Cortana and have set the inner circle and quiet hours to auto with time frames however I am still getting alerts overnight. Last night I manually turned it on and got the appropriate moon symbol and it worked but I had to turn it off manually also.

The auto setting doesn't appear to be working for me when trip into the set time to start the moon symbol doesn't appear. Anyone else seen this or could advise if I am doing something wrong?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It should work automatically as you want and expect... Certainly it has been working automatically for myself both ways: according to preset times AND when my Calendar shows me Busy.

​Have you rebooted your phone since the GDR 1 update?

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi! My Quiet Hours has never worked. Also, Traffic, and Weather Near Me. After GDR1 I was suddenly able to turn on Traffic and Weather Near me, but I totally lost Interests in Cortana's Notebook, and all News except Headlines. Quiet Hours on Cortana and in Settings says: To use Quiet Hours, you'll need to make sure Cortana is turned on, Battery Saver isn't conserving power at the moment, and Driving Mode isn't active. Go to Settings to make any needed change. I, of course, have done all of those things and still nothing.

I would dearly love to know what to do, but can find nothing on the subject except what is posted here, and no one else happens to have my problem that I can tell.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're all using Update 1 then I may have a fix. It involves setting the time manually to the hour that Quiet Hours is supposed to work from, for me that's 23:00, then setting it automatically again.

EDIT: This works but quiet hours isn't disabled at the time it's supposed to be disabled. I also found that quiet hours wasn't being enabled when a calendar entry showed as busy either.

Last edited:

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, on my phone, there is no way to do anything ... all I have on the Quiet Hours page is what I wrote above ... no way to do anything else.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, on my phone, there is no way to do anything ... all I have on the Quiet Hours page is what I wrote above ... no way to do anything else.

Reading your post leads me to believe that a factory reset is your only option at this point :straight:

I think that that's the only option for me as well but I'll see what happens tonight.

Vassos Lene

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with Quiet Hours. It was working at one time, now it is permanently disabled and the (un)helpful options are to check battery saver isn't on and driving mode is off (both of which I have done). There appears to be no way to get quiet hours working again so this needs pointing out to Microsoft for a bug fix.

Natreeve

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Try going to Settings, Applications, Cortana, then under battery saver here select Allow app to work in background. Worked for me!

CDAVIS7M

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I am just responding because I was able to fix Cortana Quiet Hours thanks to this post.

I had this issue: Quiet Hours on Cortana and in Settings says: To use Quiet Hours, you'll need to make sure Cortana is turned on, Battery Saver isn't conserving power at the moment, and Driving Mode isn't active. Go to Settings to make any needed change.

This solved my problems: Try going to Settings, Applications, Cortana, then under battery saver here select "Allow app to work in background."

This is unintuitive because the first error message makes it seem like you need to go to the normal battery saver settings, not the cortana specific battery settings.

Julian Williams2

May 7, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of this being a really stupid question (for which I apologise in advance) On settings I can't find the option "applications". Could you tell me where it is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes