Cortana Search

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I've thought about this a little bit and I think it'd be a great idea.
I'm kind of tired of trying to get Cortana to do something and she just searches whatever I said. One time I was listening to a song and I wanted to pull of the lyrics so I asked her what the lyrics were to this song and she searched "This Song-Lyrics."
So my idea is that to search something you have to say "Search-" and than whatever you want to search. That way if you're trying to get Cortana to do something and she doesn't understand you can just reword it instead of having to mess with the stupid Bing search.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That could lead to many questions not getting any results though. Maybe she could be set up to always ask 'would you like me to search the web?' if no other answers are available.

Maybe an alternative option would be for users to be able to say 'that's not what I meant', prompting her to say 'sorry, can you ask me again?' along with a silent copy (opt-in) of the anonymized question to MS servers so they can troubleshoot.

Maybe check the uservoice pages to see if anyone already suggested something like this.
Cortana Feedback

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes