Keep the name of Windows 10's new browser as Spartan

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Eh, I don't know. Spartan sounds like kind of a weird name for a browser to me. Whatever they decide, hopefully it's good.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I think Spartan would be absolutely brilliant as it continues leveraging of the Halo franchise within Microsoft's ecosystem. Imagine, a sophisticated browser named Spartan with Cortana integration.. Massive Win!!!
Sent all the way from Jupiter with my Lumia 1320.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The name "Spartan" sounds completely like a code name and I expect them to change it. However, I honestly think it would be a good name to stick with. I'd be interested to see what Microsoft ends up doing, if they try to tie it into the whole "One" thing, but "OneBrowser" sounds terrible ;).

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Spartan looks TERRIBLE? It in no way mimics the modern, square design language. It looks like an awful combo of Chrome and Firefox from like 2010. It needs to be flatter and squarer. Even the non metro IE looks loads better than Spartan. The closer we are to the real Windows 10, the more worried I am of everything (mainly all the OS's) coming in and being a complete cluterf**k, and Spartan isn't helping.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The name "Spartan" sounds completely like a code name and I expect them to change it. However, I honestly think it would be a good name to stick with. I'd be interested to see what Microsoft ends up doing, if they try to tie it into the whole "One" thing, but "OneBrowser" sounds terrible ;).

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks Spartan looks TERRIBLE? It in no way mimics the modern, square design language. It looks like an awful combo of Chrome and Firefox from like 2010. It needs to be flatter and squarer. Even the non metro IE looks loads better than Spartan. The closer we are to the real Windows 10, the more worried I am of everything (mainly all the OS's) coming in and being a complete cluterf**k, and Spartan isn't helping.

flatter? squarer? how can you possibly GET any more flatter/square then spartan currently is?

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly. It still has that "raised" feel that Chrome and Firefox has. IE on 8.1 looks much more flat. The "metro" IE is the definition of flat, and I think that's something they need to work off of

and where exactly do you see a single curve in that image? are you talking about the refresh button? the 3 dots? that is about as square as you can get without creating entirely new standards for icons (which is not worth it)

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
and where exactly do you see a single curve in that image? are you talking about the refresh button? the 3 dots? that is about as square as you can get without creating entirely new standards for icons (which is not worth it)

The way everything is laid out, it has that "raised" feel which in turn, makes it look less square. Have you ever seen Google Chrome OS? That is the design language it's giving off (with a mix of Android). Not Windows. I'm not a fan.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The way everything is laid out, it has that "raised" feel which in turn, makes it look less square. Have you ever seen Google Chrome OS? That is the design language it's giving off (with a mix of Android). Not Windows. I'm not a fan.

I still see nothing like chrome on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte