Don't know if they could implement this now, since start menu/screen is no longer the pivot point.
    Pedro Moreira likes this.
    03-22-2015 01:29 AM
    Don't know if they could implement this now, since start menu/screen is no longer the pivot point.
    They might not have time to put it in the final W10 build. Or maybe....they'll put it in an Update 1 package that costs some small amount of money and that's how they'll make some money from all the free upgrades ;)
    03-22-2015 02:52 AM
    Yeah we are several months from a final release, I expect things like this to be tested on us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-22-2015 01:07 PM
    Yeah we are several months from a final release, I expect things like this to be tested on us

With Windows 10 due out some time in summer (I expect it around September), it's not enough months away to implement fundamental changes like these tiles would certainly be. If they haven't been actively working on it during the past couple of months, I wouldn't expect these to be seen in any beta build or even the final release. They either have been put to rest or at least postponed for one of the updates.
    03-22-2015 01:11 PM
    With Windows 10 due out some time in summer (I expect it around September), it's not enough months away to implement fundamental changes like these tiles would certainly be. If they haven't been actively working on it during the past couple of months, I wouldn't expect these to be seen in any beta build or even the final release. They either have been put to rest or at least postponed for one of the updates.
    Well we've also seen leaks of a Cortana which hasn't been released

03-22-2015 01:17 PM
    Well we've also seen leaks of a Cortana which hasn't been released

Not sure what leaks you're referring to, as I'm not following every information leaked. But Cortana integration is there, like expected. It wouldn't require fundamental changes to the core system, if they added additional functionality to "her". Implementing those exploding interactive tiles on the other hand - which haven't been shown ever since this video was released months ago - actually required kind a lot of changes to the core code.
    03-22-2015 01:20 PM
    From what I've seen Cortana is getting an extensive facelift prior to release

03-22-2015 03:53 PM
    Well the release that they have set, does it include phones as well, as you said with the launch nearing features like these cannot be implemented but phones' are yet to see major tech. preview release. If one goes by the timeline they are following, not much is going to change for phones except for UI changes and additional internal functionality. I hope to see more features like these pushing windows even more.
    03-23-2015 12:51 AM