Whatever happened to the exploding/interactive live tiles?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah we are several months from a final release, I expect things like this to be tested on us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Windows 10 due out some time in summer (I expect it around September), it's not enough months away to implement fundamental changes like these tiles would certainly be. If they haven't been actively working on it during the past couple of months, I wouldn't expect these to be seen in any beta build or even the final release. They either have been put to rest or at least postponed for one of the updates.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
With Windows 10 due out some time in summer (I expect it around September), it's not enough months away to implement fundamental changes like these tiles would certainly be. If they haven't been actively working on it during the past couple of months, I wouldn't expect these to be seen in any beta build or even the final release. They either have been put to rest or at least postponed for one of the updates.

Well we've also seen leaks of a Cortana which hasn't been released

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well we've also seen leaks of a Cortana which hasn't been released

Not sure what leaks you're referring to, as I'm not following every information leaked. But Cortana integration is there, like expected. It wouldn't require fundamental changes to the core system, if they added additional functionality to "her". Implementing those exploding interactive tiles on the other hand - which haven't been shown ever since this video was released months ago - actually required kind a lot of changes to the core code.

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well the release that they have set, does it include phones as well, as you said with the launch nearing features like these cannot be implemented but phones' are yet to see major tech. preview release. If one goes by the timeline they are following, not much is going to change for phones except for UI changes and additional internal functionality. I hope to see more features like these pushing windows even more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos