Cortana in Spartan...doesnt do anything?

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice that cortana pops up like, never? The only time ive manage to have her say that she has some info for me on a site is when i use the site i saw in the demo video (cuoco-seattle or something).

Anyone notice this? Or do you have other sites you have found where she actually decides to show her face?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else notice that cortana pops up like, never? The only time ive manage to have her say that she has some info for me on a site is when i use the site i saw in the demo video (cuoco-seattle or something).

Anyone notice this? Or do you have other sites you have found where she actually decides to show her face?

They might add some features in the next build

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Ita strange, cos the feature is there but only on one website. I'm wondering why (since the map, location, yelp reviews etc for plenty of other restaurants are on Bing) it doesn't seem to work for any other restaurant websites etc.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Good thing it's an early version of the software released on a technical preview operating system.

Heavens forbid it does not work 100% !

BADM0USE

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
looks to me like Cortana is disabled in Spartan. had to mix and match my region settings with language pack available just to make Cortana work on the taskbar. come on MS, why give us a hard time to enable cortana

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Works for me kind of. Right clicked on certain words and hit "ask Cortana" and she popped up on the side .

Certain works she did not work for though

Alroy Swain

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
looks to me like Cortana is disabled in Spartan. had to mix and match my region settings with language pack available just to make Cortana work on the taskbar. come on MS, why give us a hard time to enable cortana

what changes have you made? my Cortana went AWOL too :/

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Works for me kind of. Right clicked on certain words and hit "ask Cortana" and she popped up on the side .

Certain works she did not work for though
Yes it works if you "ask cCortana" but in the demo she automatically pops up in the address bar for sites with "I've got info". That never happens when I use it except for the one site that was in the demo video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon