Are there a lot of people in America and Europe using Windows 8 phone?

freedominthegrave

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Did i choose the right place to ask this kind of question ?

I am from Asian, I am considering about buying a windows phone, of course it is Nokia, the one in my mind is Nokia 930. (not sell in America, similar to Nokia Icon).
There are not a lot of people using Windows phone in Japan or China, most of them think Windows phone is lack of common apps, or apps are not very human?
I don't many of the apps or games or something, all I need is the phone can perform smoothly at least for 2 years. ( My current phone run slowly as hell )
I am wondering that is America or Europe also not many people are using Windows phone?

Arigatou,xiexie.

Didn't notice it is 3 o'clock in America..no wondering there are just few people around.

Last edited:

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: About Windows8 phone in America

I know windows phone is not doing well at all in Japan.
I don't think Japanese people care much about apps, but windows phone must has local apps to make good start in Japan.
also Japanese companies like Sony, Toshiba should make window phone devices to the market.
I would love to see,

freedominthegrave

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

I know windows phone is not doing well at all in Japan.
I don't think Japanese people care much about apps, but windows phone must has local apps to make good start in Japan.
also Japanese companies like Sony, Toshiba should make window phone devices to the market.
I would love to see,

but Does windows phone not doing well in America too?

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do a lot of people in America and Europe us Windows 8 phone?

I don't know about how well is WP in America,
but i think it won't be worst than Japan

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Douzo Yoroshiku. Nihao.

What are your particular needs for a phone at this time? Is all you need capabilities for making phone calls and SMS, e-mail and calendars, and possibly some media playback? Windows Phones should suit you well, and if resource intensive apps (like games) aren't a requirement for you you might be able to get away with another model of Lumia--as much as I love the 930--like one of the 6xx models.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Did i choose the right place to ask this kind of question ?

I am from Asian, I am considering about buying a windows phone, of course it is Nokia, the one in my mind is Nokia 930. (not sell in America, similar to Nokia Icon).
There are not a lot of people using Windows phone in Japan or China, most of them think Windows phone is lack of common apps, or apps are not very human?
I don't many of the apps or games or something, all I need is the phone can perform smoothly at least for 2 years. ( My current phone run slowly as hell )
I am wondering that is America or Europe also not many people are using Windows phone?

Arigatou,xiexie.

Didn't notice it is 3 o'clock in America..no wondering there are just few people around.

Welcome to Windows Central!

I think WP is around 3-4% market share in the US... WP is known for running smoothly, so I don't think you would have any issue getting the 930 and expecting 2 years or of it...

What I would do, if I were you, go to the appropriate Japanese or Chinese WP site...

Japan: http://www.windowsphone.com/ja-jp

China: Http://www.windowsphone.com/zh-CN

Once there, you can browse the WP app store and see what apps are available in your region.

freedominthegrave

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site

Uh......I think my needs should meet with 930 too. I am not very fond of mobile games. making Phone calls and SMS should be enough for me. but what I worry about is there are many issues like purple screen or the phone's rear cover is little shaky. the summer can get rather hot in here, so I also worry about the overheating problem. if those problems were already fixed long time ago, I think I should buy one. (930's looking is fantastic)

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Here in France, we're 4 out of 27 in my class to have a Windows Phone, and I see quite a few across High School too. I think it's the same in Italy.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The US and Japan are particularly down on Windows Phone. Everywhere else (pretty much) is fine with it. My 930 has no bugs (I believe some of the earlier hardware revisions had a screen tint/corner lift issue which is not present on my later hardware revision 930) and it is very solidly built with no overheating.

Can't move for Windows devices in the UK. Loads of apps and games and I see/hear another Windows phone at least once an hour at work.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

A few of my colleagues started with Windows Mobile, and then moved to Windows Phone when it was released. They've never had anything else, and have always just automatically badmounthed iPhone and Android. We are a Microsoft Partner so it stands to reason that we would default to Microsoft devices.

They are now at the end of their 2nd 2-year contracts with Windows Phone devices, which means they've had Windows Phones for 4 years, and 2 devices: one WP7 and one WP8. Most of those still on WP are dropping it with this upgrade. And these are guys who (in the past) would make the fans here look like doubters by comparison! It's mostly due to specific required functionality missing, but one is just tired of being left behind in support.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

A few of my colleagues started with Windows Mobile, and then moved to Windows Phone when it was released. They've never had anything else, and have always just automatically badmounthed iPhone and Android. We are a Microsoft Partner so it stands to reason that we would default to Microsoft devices.

They are now at the end of their 2nd 2-year contracts with Windows Phone devices, which means they've had Windows Phones for 4 years, and 2 devices: one WP7 and one WP8. Most of those still on WP are dropping it with this upgrade. And these are guys who (in the past) would make the fans here look like doubters by comparison! It's mostly due to specific required functionality missing, but one is just tired of being left behind in support.
And exactly how was this particular nugget of information relevant to the topic of this thread?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3