Windows technical preview 10074 & wifi issue

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have an Acer Aspire V3 572P win 8.1 laptop to which I updated the 10074 tech preview. Post update, the laptop shows a broken bar symbol inplace of the wifi icon. Under settings, there is no wifi link & under network & sharing center, the page is empty. I guess the wifi driver is not compatible or something close to that. Did any one else face similar issue? Network adaptor is 'Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter'. Suggestions please....

drddas58

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem. In my desktop PCs everything went smooth except net connection. In the device manager LAN adapter is there but under network & sharing center the change adapter page is empty , so no net connection. Need help!

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR946x wifi card in my notebook and it updated fine. I'm dual booting my PC and I have had to go to the manufacturers website for an updated driver for 8.1 when I updated the card. They may not have Windows 10 drivers yet but maybe an updated 8.1 driver will do the trick?

Aanze

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here on build 10074 with my surface pro 1. I've managed to partially fix it by going into device manager, disabling adapter then enabling it and rebooting the system. However, 1 time out of 2 when I boot, I'll lost the wifi adapter again. Should be fixed in a next release.

KINGINI LABS

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to the MS technical support & they don't have any control over the Wifi driver. As per them only generic LAN, audio, video drivers are included in the technical preview package. I am asked to contact Acer but I am pretty sure it won't help me. So I rolled back to Win 8.1

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My old laptop didn't connect automatically to wlan after sleep with Win 8/8.1. The fix was to disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in wlan power management (run devmgmt.msc, then properties of wlan chipset, power management tab).

After update to Win 10 preview wlan worked still, but when I made clean install of 10074, it started to misbehave again. This time connection was dropped and reconnection failed. Restart brought the connection back if I remember correctly. The same power management disablement made wlan working and autoconnecting again.

My laptop has some Intel Pro wlan chipset and list of available networks was shown even when reconnection failed, so this may not work for you. But it's quick to test.

BR, Kimmo:)

Guillaume 1

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Build 10074 installed on a Dell E6500 through windows update from windows 7 64-bit SP1.
the Intel Link 5100 AGN is installed correctly in the device management panel
but the wi-fi selector isn't detecting any wi-fi adapter.

Intel manager doesn't work either and lastest drivers didn't correct the issue.

however,
i plugged an ASUS USB N53 wireless adapter and everything works.

the issue seems to be that my integrated Wi-Fi adapter is not recognised as a fully working Wi-Fi Device and
could be a Driver compatibility issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas