I Absolutely HATE Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deihmos1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately desktop users are the mainstream users. i used to love charms bar too on W8 tablet until i realize tablet for productivity is nowhere near the same level of real laptop. With real laptop, i quickly install start menu replacement as it's quite pointless to get modern apps in desktop mode. All the entertainment you can get in modern apps you can also get them in desktop mode. I used to defend W8 but in the end productivity is what matter the most (and all W8 modern apps are pointless for productivity). even if you love entertainment, games on steam are far better than casual games in W8 modern apps.

At this point I actually agree with people who said Windows 8 is a confusing product. it really is. I still use Windows 8 (with start button replacement that also erased charms bar) and not Windows 7 because of faster boot time but i dont see any advantage other than that. I expect a lot from Windows 10 for desktop mode improvement tbh.

I wonder if everyone was aware that the charm bar could have been disabled. Microsoft should have left some of things disabled and less desktop users would complain.

hlov

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree with OP, for people use a tablet like a PC such as Surface pro 3, 10 is very bad. 8.1 is great for touch and having all the gestures and metro IE is a blessing unfortunately they got rid of all of those nice features in order to get people to upgrade from 7 to 10, I wont upgrade any of my tablets to 10

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I liked the Charms bar and I'm gonna miss it. It didn0t bother me either in desktop, to be honest.

OP should wait till release at least to complain, IMHO. Besides, if there ever was a Windows version coming from user opinions and full of compromise, this is it. But haters gonna hate.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Never used WMC but i have a question, wouldnt it be possible to get an app ,from store, that works like WMC ? Maybe MS has something up its sleeve for this issue.

Deihmos1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Store apps do not have those capabilities and Microsoft has been done with WMC since windows 7 launched. That was a long time ago.

Microsoft isn't going to make much UI changes before launch. I think if windows 8. 1 was released instead of 8 there wouldn't have been that much hate. I think win 8.1 is excellent on both desktop and tablets but win 8 was not good on desktops. Now win 10 is good on desktop but terrible on tablets. I just don't understand what those guys at Redmond are doing.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
User name/picture? I don't understand why that is there at all. Do you find yourself forgetting who you are and what you look like?

Because you assume only one person uses a PC and its also a quick link to switch users / lock the PC and access account settings ... not to remind people who they are or to see yourself.

that comment you posted was irrelevant. If you worked in I.T where multiple users use the same PC little things like that help especially where users are not so tech savvy. start screen should keep power controls and user name / pic always visible .... just like in windows XP to 7 it was on the start menu.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
While Windows 10 has its issues i see the potential for MS to create a good OS
1) Touch and Desktop UI can be done in one OS just not how MS has it currently the difference / change between tablet and desktop mode should be more than what it currently is.
I agree with some things OP posted like notification panel is to big it should have been a nice tidy pop up
charms in on the fence i hated it as a desktop user but on a touch pc it made sense but in windows 10 how they changed the apps model / search a bit it may or may not have made sense.
tablet experience im also on the fence with as i think MS backtracked too much to please Desktop users so i agree with OP and also disagree.

2) the UI needs to be seamless why does explorer still look like Windows XX before 10 it should be fully modern looking but retain the same functionality. This also goes for icons, prompt windows, windows mobility center, device manger etc im sure MS can make everything cohesive
3) Bugs lots of bugs is a main problem as well as drivers ... MS needs to fix that before launch

What we should be glad about is it's not vista .. MS talked about alot of features coming to windows 10 but at least they paced themselves and focused on the core set and will add the others later in updates i assume is 10.X updates.

This speaks volumes at least to me in the sense that issues we are having now can be fixed i.e UI, inconsistent touch modes issues, Start menu, etc and new features can be added along with improvements to apps ...

People hate Windows 10 for some valid reasons that may be fixed or not other hate it for things like Windows Media Center really in a world of smart tv's / xbox and PS WMC really??. i stopped using that years ago there are apps / alternatives.

Windows is going to change things will be lost things added .. get over it MS is not building an OS for you alone there are other people in the world smh this thread is getting useless if you don't like windows 10 stay on 8 simple i have friends complain bout windows 8 they stayed on 7 some moved to 8 and liked it when they understood it.

If you love windows and want it to improve MS gave us a way to do so bear in mind I.T personnel , government agencies, PC/tablet manufactureres and businesses have alot to do with how windows changes for so that of the average user more money passes into MS that way

rebinoh

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm reserving my dislike or love for the OS on July 29 when I upgrade. I've read all the reviews and comments -- and personally not everyone is going to love it.

I purposely didn't install the TP because I didn't want it to cloud my judgment one way or the other on the final release. There were things added, things taken away and it may be like that in the Final iteration, but as all critical thinkers know, things will and do often change.

If MM says he hates it, then that is his opinion. But for the most part, I like what I see in the all of the TP articles on Windows Central. But not having first hand knowledge of how things work because I haven't used it at all could also be detrimental. I'll have to wait and see. . . as will everyone else.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
This thread is almost a month old and Win10 is still the same fractured OS it was then. Some of the main problems

The UI is cobbled together, at the core it's the Chicago interface which began in Windows 95 flattened out, it has elements from Windows Vista notably the Ribbon, the back again start menu is an evolution of the dual pane introduced in Windows XP and with Metro/Modern tiles included (really this is just to make it look like a shrunk down start screen which you can choose to thow back to full screen as "tablet friendly"), finally the UI controls are thrown in as Modern/Metro look but all appear smaller and less spaced and really aren't as touch friendly.
What they really should have done is bring in more functionality to the Windows 8 interface and allow it to run windowed (which Stardock already offered) rather than the poor attempt at craming touch apps into the 20 year old interface. Example

The UI is damned bland! The greatest example of this is the new browser they could have code named it "10 shades of grey". It's just completely boring to look at. As usual the Windows team need to catch some inspiration from the Office team which is where all the talent seems to go, and snap some colours in, I'm not simply referring to title bars and task bar. Here's a more uniform approach that's less dreary.

The desktop presents three different icon types, wireframe, Modern/Metro and legacy (desktop). Atleast the color backgrounds of the Modern icons bring in some badly needed color! They also made some damn strange simple changes like why the hell are avatars circular when other UI elements (notably tiles) are square? When the login screen, the first interaction the user has looks out of place it's a problem.

For those saying "IT'S NOT EVEN IN BETA YET" I'm sorry but WAKE UP! It should be obvious the Alpha, Beta, RC1/2, RTM approach is out the window given MS have opened evaluation up to anyone interested. They are 50 days out from the final product, you're not going to be seeing any mind blowing UI changes unless all the senior designers are due back from a six month vacation!

While Windows 10 will be a success for MS (in the same fashion Apple spin every product release as their best ever) due to the free dump to every legit user. It's also going to be a gold mine for mobile PC techs who are scraping it off home users PC's and for companies like Stardock and Yamicsoft (Windows x Manager) who will no doubt find ways of making it a far more usable and interesting OS. Maybe in 12 months time the problems will be so apparent that a '.1' major update is applied, Just as Windows 8's update addressed desktop problems Windows 10's update will be "damn we dropped the ball on touch interfaces".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon