05-29-2015 03:00 PM
54 123
tools
    Yep, I'm lazy. That must be it right? What makes a smartphone smart XD? I can deposit checks at a local bank or ATM carrying my Palm Treo.
    Not a big fan of walking into my local bank. All the bankers greet me eerily as I walk towards the counter.

Anyways I am the irrational one here. I am lazy a person however I spend the extra time and drive the extra miles to deposit checks.
    I deposit at the ATM and my funds are available the next day. It can take sometimes 3 days for a check to be available when using the app. I don't need my funds readily available, but I don't like banks keeping them in limbo.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    05-29-2015 10:26 AM
    I did not think I was unclear...
    If you were one of the majority who owned and liked your android phone, what would entice you to purchase a Windows 10 phone? The bold colors? Live tiles? The relatively stable OS?

lol smh
    I actual never owned an android or iPhone.
    My choice to buy a windows phone was "easy" a IPhone was and is to expensive for me.
    And when I compared android with windows phone I got a windows phone because I have a windows computer, "no" bloatware on windows phones, no "need" to flash ROMS, no virus scanner needed ....and one important feature the QI charging on the Lumia.

Why should or must people who have an phone and are happy with it change?
    But there are also people who have a phone and are less happy with it and they may change and if a iPhone is to expensive a windows phone is a the solution.
    And not every android owner has to change "camp" but if there is a steady stream of "converts" per year then that is already enough.
    And with all the low/mid end releases Microsoft also gets a base of people whose first phone is a windows phone. (very important)

So again as long as there is companion people can choose and that is good.
    And it only can become better for people if Windows becomes a stronger OS because then Android and IPhone have to keep improving to prevent "loosing" users.

But I guess above is not good enough for you so I will wait again on your reply.

PS1
    Bye the way in Pakistan they have reasons to go for windows phones.
    Lumia 535 Becomes Best Seller Mid-Range Smartphone in Pakistan :

05-29-2015 10:54 AM
    I haven't read all the posts here but I get the gist.

I too am struggling with Microsoft's reasons to develop apps for all platforms. My hunch is that MS is invested heavily in cloud services now and that is their future revenue stream. (along with subscriptions to most everything they produce).

I miss the good old days. The times when my work colleagues would show up for meetings with their puny iPads and I'd laugh manically when they were asked to edit an Excel spreadsheet. Out came their Lenovo's and it wasn't long before their iPads were passed along to the kiddies. Not the case anymore.

I say bring back Ballmer.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    05-29-2015 01:03 PM
    The problem we have here is that we look at Microsoft as one giant company, when story after story tells us Microsoft treats each division separately, each with it's own goals and agendas. At this point the only shared goal between them is to make money.

Right now each division is throwing as much at the wall to see what will stick so that they don't get cut or sold. The Office/Cloud/Other services divisions have decided to go device agnostic because that is the way for them to make the most money. The OS/Phone/Surface/Xbox divisions have gone a different way as is necessitated by their nature.

The interesting thing is that the apparent allegiances between divisions are about as weak as allegiances between companies. While the Xbox division will run the Xbox One on Windows 10, you can almost count that once they get the game streaming working on Windows 10 devices they will immediately try to get it working on Android and iOS because it could be used to make them money.

It's all about making money and right now they are trying to reach as wide an audience as possible... and the current most profitable future is for them to provide services like crazy for money.
    Harrie-S and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-29-2015 03:00 PM
54 123