Microsoft edge ie; Project Spartan is Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramzi Bourguiba

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what the hell is this but its spam of the highest order. Your first link is a screenshot of Arabic or something cant make head or tail of it. Your second link is a screenshot of a message you typed yourself. Oh lordy I think we shall leave it there people!!

Open your eyes the first link is my facebook open from project spartan, and the second link is the security message from facebook telling me that my facebook has been opened from Google chrome, and because it is in french

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Open your eyes the first link is my facebook open from project spartan, and the second link is the security message from facebook telling me that my facebook has been opened from Google chrome, and because it is in french

Because spartan is a new browser facebook does not register this as Spartan so it goes to its default browser setting and that is Chrome. Even in the early days of UC Browser for windows phone I was getting message notifications that my facebook was accessed by Internet Explorer. You cant trust facebook sometimes to be accurate. I have log in notifications turned on and it said that I logged in from Ontario Canada when I was chilling on my sofa here in Ireland. Even their GPS is wrong.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
This is because Spartan/Edge sends the UserAgendString for chrome/android which is totally valid for browser compatibility and is nothing new. Its not a micro proof for anything other than that Spartan/Edge wants the server to response the same content as it would for chrome/android browser.

You can even manipulate the UserAgendString in the F12 Developer tools for IE. Try it and you will get the same result.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Ok then what about the current IE.

It sometime act like iOS browser and sometimes like Android browser. (remember those Android and iOS apps link when you excess websites)

When MS can fool so many websites then it's no wonder can also fool you

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This is because Spartan/Edge sends the UserAgendString for chrome/android which is totally valid for browser compatibility and is nothing new. Its not a micro proof for anything other than that Spartan/Edge wants the server to response the same content as it would for chrome/android browser.

You can even manipulate the UserAgendString in the F12 Developer tools for IE. Try it and you will get the same result.

Finally someone said it. OP probably never heard of User Agent.

This is sad, but it works, and we have to live with it at least until IE/Edge is acknowledged by web devs.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Pfffff at some point between the updates, Microsoft said it will do this.... to get the mobile page of other platforms, that's why sometimes you get offered the android app when you visit a website, sometimes you get offered the ios app....

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When i logged into fb , i got an mail alert saying that " new login from chrome for nokia"

How is that now?

have you read any of the posts in this thread? looks like you didn't go re-read this thread before posting again.

Spartan/Edge isn't Chrome at all, i'll leave the rest for your research.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know why this thread exists... really, everyone should have known there is no proof or base or anything related to Chrome on Edge... the only thing it's Chrome Extensions and even they have to be modify to work on Edge (that's what Microsoft showed).
This is just a waste of time and space in WC forums.

But simple answer. no it's not Chrome in any form or shape and it's only the user agent which is used to identify the browser and it is modified so no site will block IE or Edge or give different or limited version like some sites do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes