Is Cortana useful?

Sarveshwar

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I will be honest here. When the Windows Phone 8.1 Update came with Cortana, I was excited. Excited because of all the fuss in the air and ask the media talking about it (they still are). Then I got my hands on it. I tried it. For two days. Then I forgot it. More than six months have passed and I have never used it again. I think the earlier Bing search and Bing Vision world for me. I never talked to Cortana and just typed the search terms. Just like I used to in Bing. I have disabled Cortana now.

Do any of you guys talk to the AI or had it helped in any way that was not possible before it? Opinions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
asking it to remind me when I get to x location or in y time is invaluable.

Also taking notes is nice.

Being smarter has helped in the car for sure.

More often, the information she displays is nice, from traffic to weather to news...

Laurence_Leong

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, Cortona is sometimes simplifying the job you wanna done...
The most frequently used features of Cortona for me are
1) Wake me up after 10 minutes (this is really handy when you super tired lazy to set up an alarm)
2) Remind me to submit assignment
3) Next track

But other than that, don't really used it all the time.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Cortana might be the first entity to take over.
This feature is way more powerful than many of us might realize.

Cortana is awesome.
The current problem is training smartphone freaks to use it exclusively.

I can see Cortana at the forefront for people with handicaps.
Guide dog of the future if you will...

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I use the remind me when I get to x location and the "call Cortana" in my car to then "send text messages to x".

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, Cortona is sometimes simplifying the job you wanna done...
The most frequently used features of Cortona for me are
1) Wake me up after 10 minutes (this is really handy when you super tired lazy to set up an alarm)
2) Remind me to submit assignment
3) Next track

But other than that, don't really used it all the time.
I use #1 alot lol.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't really use Cortana that much but I do use Quiet Hours a lot and Cortana is required for that. I have used Cortana to add appointments to my calendar. I think the biggest issue is being seen talking to your phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is Cortana Useful?

I say yes. Plain and simple. She;s useful if you use her. If you don't then of course not.

OP you have built your own fallacy now you must lie in it. :winktongue:

Arc Angel 100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I like it, I can ask Cortana to find me a Burger King - and she does, complete with a map, phone number, hours and website as well as directions via HERE Maps to whichever one I want.

NatKingColeslaw

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
It has some excellent features I use like "remind me the next time I call x to..." but it still has some room to grow. I knew Arsenal was playing the other day, and asked Cortana "what's the Arsenal score?" and it sent me to a web search for Arsenal. I asked Google Now the same question, and it gave me the score and told me the minute in the game. I have no idea what is involved to gain that functionality, but those are the things it needs to improve on.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jhildy73

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a Moto roadster for my older BMW.i have it linked to my phone so I can send text make calls and open apps with cortona and it actually works extremely well since Austin is a hands free .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12