Circular people rolling animation is awesome!

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Update people app. Click on a contact. Their circular image will roll in from the left. On W10 for desktops. Not sure about the mobile variant.

I thought you're talking about live tile. before live tile used to display random contacts in small squares. Now the tile is static

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I thought you're talking about live tile. before live tile used to display random contacts in small squares. Now the tile is static

It's working for me on Windows 10 Mobile. Images of saved contacts are rolling on live tile. Very nice animation..liked it. Probably, you need a hard reset to see it working;-)

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Im not talking about live tiles. Im talking about the animation inside the people app. Left you have the list, right you have the selected contact. The profile picture of the selected contact rolls in from the left. I think it will look good on mobile as well. Circular images for contacts make more sense now. Squares can't roll. :p

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't like the circles to begin with so how they animate is of no interest maybe it's a distraction to how garish a contact page looks given they chose to use the accent colour for the background.

WP8 classy

W10m messy

Circular images for contacts make more sense now. Squares can't roll. :p

They make zero sense given the central feature* is the phones square live tiles

*for the moment at least. It's about the only Widows Phone feature they haven't killed off

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Update people app. Click on a contact. Their circular image will roll in from the left. On W10 for desktops. Not sure about the mobile variant.

Happens when you make a call using Windows 10 Mobile 10149 too. Personally I don't like but I guess they changed it to circles for a reason...so they could use roll animations instead of pivots? :p

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I really hope there is a valid reason for doing it . So far, i really don't like it. It looks very childish and stupid. Squares were sophisticated and elegant.
Plus there is much unused space now within tile, which isn't good.

PS - Valid reason doesnt include "People being round" .

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I reinstalled 10149 a couple of times on my 640 due to various issues. Did a hard reset on the most recent install and most everything is working great, FINALLY WHEW, but pinned people tiles don't look circular or have the cool rolling animation. They did work great in one previous install, but I am going to live with them in their current incarnation and hope they get fixed in another update.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Its a cool animation, but does it drain the battery ?? & also theres a lot of wasted space now, plus the contact info in accent colors just throws off the theme.... while I do prefer the squares,circles ain't so bad but it does need a lot of refining. Feedbacks provided, vote up if you spot it & support it.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Microsoft has explained before the presence of the circles, guys. It's so that Windows 10 is more acceptable in more markets. In certain markets, especially Asian ones, circles for people are far more socially acceptable, and squares for living things are bad. Microsoft was thinking about every market, instead of just serving the Western world. We aren't the ONLY people on the planet, guys, and Microsoft realizes that. Circles for people and living things, squares for non living things (with the except of music, I'm not sure why they changed that).

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has explained before the presence of the circles, guys. It's so that Windows 10 is more acceptable in more markets. In certain markets, especially Asian ones, circles for people are far more socially acceptable, and squares for living things are bad. Microsoft was thinking about every market, instead of just serving the Western world. We aren't the ONLY people on the planet, guys, and Microsoft realizes that. Circles for people and living things, squares for non living things (with the except of music, I'm not sure why they changed that).

Yes yes yes of course - it's just the rolling animation we're talking about. Frankly looks quite childish instead of smooth and playful (which is what I think they were going for)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos