Windows 10 as FREE upgrade

Ankush Jain

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
MS said that users with genuine Windows 7 or 8.x copy will get Windows 10 as free upgrade after 29 july for one year. Is that mean i need to pay the license fees after one year or I can upgrade to Windows 10 in one year time frame for free. After that I need to pay license fee.

I am currently using Windows 8.1 Pro edition and reserved my copy on both laptop and desktop. I am also Windows Insider user (running it on Virtual Machine).

If i still need to pay license fee after one year then Do i need to pay for each and every device or license will be attached to my hotmail account.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Microsoft meant that there was a one-year time table to upgrade to Windows 10. It is a permanent upgrade. Fully licensed, with no fees after the one-year period (other than any you buy yourself such as Xbox, Groove or Office 365).

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
There are quite a few customers, especially in business, that have always waited for at least a service pack to be released before they upgrade to a new operating system. This is meant, mostly I believe, to spur those people on to go ahead and upgrade by waving a monetary value under their noses.

Shri Nivasan

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft has promised that upgrade to windows 10 for genuine license-holders of Win 7-SP1 and Win 8.1
and also to those who have installed Windows 10 TP on their devices (provided they login using MS Account and upgrade continuously, those are treated as Technical Previews permanently with MS getting feedback )
However, the license is subject to that particular device and not transferable to other devices.
Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes