Windows 10 stratagy

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking this through, unlike lots of well known corporations (Was chatting to an IT person for a well known UK independent television news channel yesterday) who basically haven't even thought about 10 yet......

Given so many PC's, Xboxes, phones and tablets are involved,and that is just in our domestic flat ;-)

I thought it time to work out my upgrade strategy, so I am at this moment restoring the factory settings on my laptop from W10 10166 to 8.1 so I can wipe my account and give the laptop to my wife, do the same with her laptop and sell it to a friend.

Then sort out the Surface 2 so it becomes just a media player in the kitchen (Radio, TVcatchup , Netflix and that sort of stuff).

Then tackle the Surface Pro to also be given to the wife.

Then get stuck into my remaining devices so I am ready for 10 and I think I will just be patient and wait for the full and final install rather than playing about with any more dev stuff, I can see where it is going and I can't see the point in two more weeks of updates to find out the few things that still don't work.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Down-dating is soooo slow, it took ages to get back to 8, and another set of ages to back up to 8.1 and I got bored so I now have 10162 on the Stream.

Put it in tablet mode and am playing with it whilst waiting for a restart on the wife's new laptop.

Good to see my well thought out strategy holding up so well :wink:

Last edited:

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Down-dating? Anyway, you're doing the right thing, basically don't expect Windows 10 to perform as good as preinstalled OS on your device until it's released and your OEM released the driver also.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just been chatting to my boy about 10 and how much more impressed I am by it on the 7 inch Stream than I was on my laptop.

Possibly it's down to the fact that I really don't use my laptop (And it won't be mine after tomorrow) so it had 10 on it and I tried it, but my Stream comes out on my motorbike at work so I have been getting into the settings and getting it ready for real, and so far so good.

Tempted to go into the fast stream and put 10166 on it overnight.

Now where's my Surface Pro 3, and I wonder what my desktop will look like with 10, someone please stop me, I won't have anything to look forward to on the 29th........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricaFork