A few days ago my Quick Access feature of Windows 10 (10166) went belly up. There are no entries in the File Explorer view (upper left) and nothing from the jump lists beside "File Explorer", "Unpin this program from taskbar", and "Close All Windows." Recent folders don't populate Quick Access and when I try to add them myself I get this:

qa-dialog-box.png

I've not found anything that fixes this. Checking system files nor resetting Quick Access does nothing. I will say before this some of my entries were duplicated, meaning I had two Music and Picture entries. Frankly Quick Access seems to always be a bit dicey, but a fresh install would always fix it. My hopes are installing the RTM will fix this issue, but perhaps some kind soul has encountered this flaw and fixed it.

Thanks,

Brent
    07-14-2015 07:16 PM
    Well crap, this behavior did not change with build 10240, RTM. Guessing some setting or registry entry is munged. No one has ideas? I'll keep searching.

A few days ago my Quick Access feature of Windows 10 (10166) went belly up. There are no entries in the File Explorer view (upper left) and nothing from the jump lists beside "File Explorer", "Unpin this program from taskbar", and "Close All Windows." Recent folders don't populate Quick Access and when I try to add them myself I get this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QA Dialog Box.PNG 
Views:	18 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	108539

I've not found anything that fixes this. Checking system files nor resetting Quick Access does nothing. I will say before this some of my entries were duplicated, meaning I had two Music and Picture entries. Frankly Quick Access seems to always be a bit dicey, but a fresh install would always fix it. My hopes are installing the RTM will fix this issue, but perhaps some kind soul has encountered this flaw and fixed it.

Thanks,

Brent
    07-15-2015 06:58 PM
    Run command prompt as admin and type the following command:
    del %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\*

No need to clean install. This would restore your quick access.Hope it helps
    08-01-2015 01:48 PM