Getting error 0x80200056 for build 10240.

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently stuck on build 10159 and haven't been able to get the last few builds because of the same error. I can download to 100%. The problem happens when I restart for everything to work. We're supposed to see the blue ring percentage screen, but mine just takes me to login and I see the watermark for 10159. Frustrating

Best Elisia

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I do this and it can download

' setting -> update&security - > windows update -> advanceoption -> choose how update are delivered -> Off '

97.jpg

96.jpg

95.jpg

94.jpg

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I had this on my netbook. Turns out I have insufficient ram :( and can't upgrade it without taking it all apart.

Never mind, I like Opensus any way.

Latest insider release works great on my desktop though. Win 10 Mobile getting there but still a little way of

4thesporty

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as the OP.

It will download, restart and install. When it finishes the second step, installing drivers and restarts again I just get a blackish screen and no mouse pointer or anything. I have tried leaving it like that for hours and nothing happens. I eventually turn off the PC and then it attempts to recover the installation, restarts a few times, then rolls back to my previous version, 10130.

I then did a clean install of 10162. It is not activated, but I still got 102400 via windows update. Went through the same process and got the same result when attempting to update. I am now stuck with a non activated 10162. I will do a clean install once the final .iso is released next week I guess, but I would like to know what my problem is.

I will say that my video driver crashes every time the computer wakes from sleep. I have tried rolling it back to no avail. Hoping a better one is released soon. The current one is from 2012, lol.

mestari

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem as the OP.

It will download, restart and install. When it finishes the second step, installing drivers and restarts again I just get a blackish screen and no mouse pointer or anything. I have tried leaving it like that for hours and nothing happens. I eventually turn off the PC and then it attempts to recover the installation, restarts a few times, then rolls back to my previous version, 10130.

I then did a clean install of 10162. It is not activated, but I still got 102400 via windows update. Went through the same process and got the same result when attempting to update. I am now stuck with a non activated 10162. I will do a clean install once the final .iso is released next week I guess, but I would like to know what my problem is.

I will say that my video driver crashes every time the computer wakes from sleep. I have tried rolling it back to no avail. Hoping a better one is released soon. The current one is from 2012, lol.

I'm on the same boat. Hope there will be an ISO for the rtm. Some say that there won't be ISOs but just an in place upgrade, which never works for me :p

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Look for the program esd to iso once you download the bits for 10240 you can grab the install.esd file from th sources directory on your c: drive and convert it to iso for you..

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it had to do with partitions. I had so many when I installed Windows 10 ISO. I deleted all those partitions and the install seems to work smoothly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3